Red coupe (or convertible) wanted for photo shoot.

Bushwack

I was contacted if I knew anyone with a red coupe (or convertible) for a photo shoot in Malibu (with a not named, well known celebrity) this Thursday. Pay is a few hundred dollars for one day plus possibly gas expenses (or car transport on a flatbed). Everything is negotiable.

If you're in California and possibly Arizona or Nevada and you're interested, PM me ASAP and I'll forward the contact information to you.

Ervin,

I'm curious if you have any other details on this shoot (what it is for, are we likely to see it somewhere, who the mystery celebrity is) as a Reatta seems an unlikely prop for a routine photo shoot. Well, unless it is to promote a Reatta event or is some sort of late 80's nostalgia period piece.

Just wondering.

KDirk

Ervin,

I'm curious if you have any other details on this shoot (what it is for, are we likely to see it somewhere, who the mystery celebrity is) as a Reatta seems an unlikely prop for a routine photo shoot. Well, unless it is to promote a Reatta event or is some sort of late 80's nostalgia period piece.

Just wondering.

KDirk

Legalities prohibit the agency from saying much. For all I know, the celebrity client could be Kermit the Frog (or Kate Upton). Their client looked at a host of cars including Allante, Mustangs, Corvettes, Chrysler K cars, Viper and about 50 sport cars from the 60s through 90s. Client went for a red Reatta coupe.

Shoot is for a worldwide print and billboard advertising campaign (jargon for I can't tell you much). As far as I know, it could be for print advertising outside the US (just as A-list celebs push beer, smokes, birth control & other items outside the USA that they wouldn't dare promote here). On a side note, I know Great Britain has interest in the Reatta.

If you want your car to be considered for future shoots, send me a PM for further information. Agency wants to create a Reatta portfolio among other car portfolios they have. Shoots can be in various parts of the country depending on the client.

Thanks for the clarification. Interesting that amongst so many hot cars to choose from, the client (by which I assume you mean the company ordering the photo shoot) decided on a Reatta. Nice to know that the object of our vehichular obsession has other admirers.

Funny because I have long said that if I worked in marketing or as a prop master for movies or TV (not that I ever aspired to, just cheap talk) I would be shameless about sneaking items I personally like - such as the Reatta - into the production any time the opportunity presented itself.

I figure there are probably people in that business doing that very thing. How else to explain the rare to downright odd things (be it cars, pieces of art, furniture or any other incidental item) that randomly show up in print or on screen.

I'm also now curious about this British interest in the Reatta you speak of. I was not aware there was any particular interest in it over there. Especially since it was only sold in N America with virtually no exposure elsewhere.

Perhaps we'll see Wheeler Dealers restore one on an upcoming episode. I'd enjoy seeing them take one on. They've already done plenty of odd, non-mainstream cars on there in the past couple of seasons. More recently they've come to the US to buy cars to restore, so it could happen.

KDirk

I mentioned British interests because the Reatta Rally web site gets about 5-10% of its traffic from Great Britain and Canada. Google (Bing & Yahoo) allows one to choose (geographically) where you want a site to appear on their search engine. I choose the USA w/ emphasis on the mid-west & west coast. That doesn't mean for whatever reason if you search "Reatta" and you're in Great Britain (or Japan or Brazil), the Reatta Rally web site wont come up. Nevertheless, outside the U.S. I get the most 'hits' from those two other countries (followed by France and South America) and even some inquiries on the car (or show).

On a related topic, my bro-in-law recently traded in (to Carmax) his battered 2006 Nissan pick-up truck with 210,000+ miles. With dents and paint peeling, they initially offered him $2,500. He wanted $4,000 so he walked away and decided to try CL. But first, his buddy suggested to spend $1,000 and get the dents worked on and a cheap re-paint. Unbeknownst to him (and me), Carmax wants pick-up trucks less then 12 years old no matter the mileage. They take high mileage p/u trucks, immediately sells them to a wholesaler who in turn ships them to third world countries where there is demand (i.e.: Mexico, South America, etc). The main criteria seems to be the body/paint must look good with a passable interior.

Bro-in-law spent $1,000, went back to CarMax 2 weeks later and sold the truck for $6,800. So...there could very well be Reattas that were exported to Great Britain and other countries. I know of two that are in Australia that came from Kansas and Florida.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Tell Kate she can borrow one of mine anytime she comes back home for a visit. :) No charge and chauffeur service available too!