rubber softener

Guest kaycee

Guest kaycee

What is a good product to soften or make more pliable rubber on running board rubber matting? Thanks!

kaycee:)

Printers have a solution they use on rubber printer rollers. A friend of mine got some, he is a tube radio enthusiast. One of his radios has a portable antenna with rubber suction cups, they were so dried out they looked like burnt popcorn. He soaked them in the solution and they turned back into suction cups.

Dr. Woody Johnson's miracle rubber restorer, liniment and hair grower. Guaranteed not to rust, crode, bend, tear, slip, slide, skid or wrinkle. Apply liberally to any parts you have that need restoring. Also good for pimples, shingles, ring worm, cold sores, sack rash, and constipation. If it ails you or your car Woody Johnson can fix it.............Bob

A friend who had a bakery business for years, told me that he dressed one (or more) hard, dry old 30 x 3 1/2 tyres with glycerine and patience. He said it softened the rubber so he had no trouble so he could fit and inflate on T Ford wheels. I do not know the chemistry whereby glycerine could plasticise the rubber. If you know anyone who trans-esterifies used cooking oil to use as diesel fuel, they would be the best source for surplus glycerine.