Wanted Radiator for 1925 Chevy Coupe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hudson33

Do you have a pic?

Fellow who is 90 would be willing to sell I just took a pic of rad and shell I can send to check if it is same

Fred

Guest Hudson33

I will phone and ask if it is for sale for sure and possibly know what year it came from.

He is an old auto wrecker so might just know

It is a ways from here so may be a while before I can get to it and do some measurements.

Also will show pics to another fellow with a '26 Chev coupe to see if he recognizes age

Fred

Hudson33's photos look like a 1923 or 1924 radiator shell to me, but the early Chevrolet Master Parts Manual appears to show it is also used on the 1925 Superior F only cars.

I always thought the top of the opening on all 1925 radiator shell should bow inward towards the radiator where as the 1923/24 shell curves upwards like the photo. The manual is a bit vague, but it appears to say only the 1925 Superior K model cars have a different radiator shell from the 1923/24 cars.

As far as the radiator itself, for the Superior F the manual lists the entire radiator assembly and for the Superior K they only list the radiator core, which makes me think the radiators are different.

Oldtimelampshop, you may get a better answer by posting your question on the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America (VCCA) forum.

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Guest Hudson33

hi guys

Talked to a Andy, Chevy guy today and the pic I have is of a '26 as soon as he saw it. The '25 should have a drop in the center as you describe.

Andy does have a couple '25 but will check his parts book as there was an issue which side the lower hose went on some years and models. He also remember that the outlet should be restricted slightly to make better flow to the head. He can explain better than me.

The shells he has are not as good as the'26 but are available if you are "desperate" this is an option. I can get some pics to send if you are still interested.

What model Chev do you have? Andy has '26 Coupe.'30 pickup and enough parts to make another PU.