1969 Cadillac 7533 Fleetwood Imperial Limousine with Divider Window

Guest bnj

In 1993, I conducted the Auction at No Reserve of both the Gene Wood and the Joe Egle Collect-ions in Kansas City, MIssouri, at the Convention Center. Gene had sold me this car some weeks before the sale, and I have owned it for 21 (twenty-one) years.

The car is a true Fleetwood Imperial Limousine with Divider Window, 7-Passenger, showing 56,760 Miles (the day I purchased it, the odometer showed 30,000 miles!); the car was purchased NEW by the State of MISSOURI as the OFFICIAL CAR OF GOVERNOR WARREN HEARNS, who served 2 full terms. While heading home to Bloomington, IN, I drove through St. Louis to see Fred and David Weber, true old car lovers and friends for many, many years. It was raining lightly as I drove through a construction area in the City, and stopped at a red light. A very persuasive gentleman tapped on the windshield, and when I lowered the driver's window, he exclaimed, "this is the Governor's Car! I haven't seen it in many, many years!! What a pleasure." I inquired how he knew the car, to which he said, "I'm Captain________of the MO STATE POLICE! I was his driver for eight years, and this car is part of my Family!" Please promise that it will always have a good home." And I did. The car is black with black leather to the chauffeur's compartment and black brocade withleather trim to the rear. It has PS, PB, AC, DIVIDER WINDOW, NEW MICHELIN TIRES. NEEDS A PAINT-JOB; ALSO, WINDOW-LIFT MOTORS SHOULD BE CLEANED AND RE-PACKED. THIS IS AN HISTORIC CAR WITH A HISTORY OF PUBLIC SERVICE. DRIVE HOME, IF YOU WISH. ASKING: $14,500. SPEAK TO ME! CALL ANYTIME 812-333-4143; 812-391-9430.

Edited by bnj (see edit history)

Thanks for sharing the car's fascinating history. Keep in mind that limousines can be a tough sell, because their size makes them difficult to garage, replacement parts are scarce and can be expensive, and in this case, buyers may or may not be swayed by the car's provenance. Adding good photos to the ad will improve your chances A LOT. Good luck.

One can have some fun with old limousines.

A fellow I know has a circa 1967 Cadillac limousine.

He drove it to Wal-mart, pulled up in front of the

door, and his family got out. All the passers-by

turned to see who the "famous" people were that

were alighting from the limousine.

Never mind that the limousine was worth about as much

as a used Ford Taurus--