1956 Cadillac 7533 Fleetwood Imperial 7-Passenger Limousine

Guest bnj

This 1956 TRUE LIMOUSINE originated in Lexington, VA, Home of Virginia Military Institute

and "tough to reach," if you travel by bus and are mis-routed at least 4 times between Bloomington,IN and VA!! Add to that a roaring case of bi-later lobar lateral PNEUMONIA and a persuasive fever; it's a miracle I ever got back!! The seller was a Contractor by the name of Jack, who picked me up at the bus-station and had "fronted" the car, all shiny and beautiful, on the plateau in front of his staggering home. The car had just 12,000 real miles on it, and I drove it home thru the George Washington National Forest, being careful not to exceed the speed-limit, especially since the LICENSE-PLATE I installed came from another '56!"

Upon arrival in Bloomington, I christened the car "JENNINGS," and "he" became quite a celebrity about the Campus, with a BLUE STICKER (POSITIVELY, DEFINITELY IMPOSSIBLE-To-GET PARKING PASS) supplied by none other than Herman B. Wells. Even Jerome Hall, to whom I was the last Research Assistant at the School of Law, wondered how one could afford such "wheels" on the stipend he paid.

"Jennings" is black, shows 46,844 Miles, and features Black Leather to the front and grey

Bedford Cord Upholstery to the rear. The car has PS, PB, AT, AC, DIVIDER WINDOW, ALL

POWER, WSW TIRES, R. + H., AUTRONIC EYE. EXTREMELY SCARCE CAR! FEWER THAN 1,000 MODEL 7533' were ordered in 1956. THEY ARE THE TOP OF THE LINE! The ENGINE IS OUT OF THIS CAR, but YOU MIGHT WELL BORROW THE DRIVE-LINE FROM THE TRAVERSE CITY CAR. ASKING: $11,500.00 SPEAK TO ME AT 812-333-4143 or 812-391-9430 ANYTIME!!

Edited by bnj (see edit history)