1956 Cadillac Model 7523 Fleetwood Formal 7-Passenger Sedan

Guest bnj

"JAMES" was and is MY FIRST CAR!! In 1968, my Godfather, Edwin McLaughlin, of Pittsfield, MA,

sent me a most generous gift of $150.00 and suggested I treat myself to some transportation.

At the time, I was in graduate school at Indiana University, in Bloomington, IN. We still live

here.

My Dad, John Randolph Jones, looked about the neighborhood and found "JAMES" hidden

in a back-street garage with over $4,000.00 worth of parking tickets in the glove-box. A warrant

existed to tow the car until the tickets were paid. Instead, Dad persuaded the owner to sell

the car to Tony Romanelli Auto Sales on Kennedy Boulevard, to whom He paid $150.00 for

the car, and got a new Title and plates. I drove this car back to Bloomington, (hundreds of

miles), and the right-rear tire blasted off it around 2:30 A.M., just outside Columbus, OH.. The

closest place to "ditch" was the median strip`. Within less a minute a Good Samaritan rolled up

in his semi and said, "stand back, Kid!" I'll get 'er! And he did!! "James". had a spare, but no

jack. The trucker installed the good tire in record time. SIX MONTHS LATER, IN BROAD DAYLIGHT,

very close to Columbus, OH, I heard an incessant HONKING, and looked up to see the SAME TUCKER, in his SAME TRUCK, SENDING A BIG GREETING. No one could "make up" this story!

The Model Number 7523 indicates a 7-passenger Formal Sedan WITHOUT the DIVIDER WINDOW.

Miles showing are: 73,096 (Over once, I believe). It is balck with grey broadcloth interior,

has PS, PB, AT, AC, Autronic eye, R. & H.; the car originated in East Orange, New Jersey. Not

running at this time, but a great candidate for restoration.

ASKING: $11,500. Speak to me at 812-333-4143 or 812-391-9430 ANYTIME!