1927 Model 124 roof and drip rails...

Guest mbjeeper

Guest mbjeeper

I'm working on a 1927 Model 124 2 door coupe.

At some time in the past the wooden part of the top frame over the windshield was very crudely repaired, obviously due to leakage and rot.

I have been looking at photographs and I am seeing that some of these cars had a visor at the front of the top, and others apparently did not.

Some of the cars have no visor, but the roof itself appears to be extended out 4 to 6 inches past the windshield header.

Some cars have a roof that ends bluntly above the windshield with a drip rail across the front. This looks to me like the way this car was originally, going from what was left.

Does anyone out there have an original Model 124 roof/drip rail arrangement that they would be willing to photograph?

There is no evidence on the windshield pillars that there was ever a visor attached. It appears as though someone has cut the side drip rails off a few inches when the front header was repaired. There was a drip rail across the front of the roof as well.

I have been looking high and low for something that would serve as a drip rail for the sides of the roof with no luck. Is there a drip rail reproduced for something that would appear period correct that I could use? I'd need a drip rail about 40 inches long.

This issue has been hanging me up for a while, and I really would appreciate any suggestions and/or photos that could get me making some progress again.

Thanks

Greg

mbjeeper@aol.com

Guest mbjeeper

post-81941-143142630995_thumb.jpg This is repaired, except for a little trimming on the header to make it flat. I'd like to see how the drip rails originally met at the front corner, and to find some sort of a drip rail that would look correct.

Greg

post-81941-143142630933_thumb.jpg

post-81941-143142630965_thumb.jpg