Oil filler pipe removal mopar flat six..HOW

trickydicky43richard

Whats the trick to removing the oil filler pipe without damage on a Mopar flat six, I badly need to clean it,

Tricky

They are just pressed into the block, unfortunately it is almost impossible to remove them without damage; why cant you clean insitu ?

Whats the trick to removing the oil filler pipe without damage on a Mopar flat six, I badly need to clean it,

Tricky

I can suggest a method that I used on numerous older motors when i was working in the dealerships, however it may not be ideal given the Crud on the ID of the dip tube you are talking about......

Locate a steel rod or drift punch, Phillips screwdriver shaft ( No 3 ) whatever, that the OD is just inside the ID of the dip tube. Insert it down the dip tube , and then use a pair of multi-grips / vice grips on the tube ( as long as the steel rod is past the section of the dip tube where you grab it with the vice-grips) and work the vice grips back and forth at the same time as lifting the dip tube.

I removed many like this when doing engine changeover for long and short engines, but then again, the crud in the dip tube going into the crankcase wasn't an issue for those old girls......

Best of luck there :)

Try a judicious amount of heat to the base of the tube, maybe a heat gun rather than flame - bit too risky otherwise, and gentle tapping around the base as you pull and wriggle from the top, good luck.