Excited to be back on the road

Guest PontiacDude210

Guest PontiacDude210

I'm insuring my Reatta and plating it Wednesday and I haven't been this excited in a long time. I bought my 1990 red/tan coupe in 2012 and drove the poor abused thing home. I had seen one on the highway when I was thirteen and couldn't get it out of my mind. When I got her, she was in rough shape. I've been through the motor, transmission, brakes, electronics(isolated and disabled a burned circuit), and upgraded and customized a lot. It's been 2 years since I drove her on the road, and it seems like a whole different car. The ignition, intake, exhaust, stereo, taillights, headlights, carpet, seats, cooling system, vacuum system, engine accents, hood and transmission have all been repaired, upgraded, replaced, or modified. I am so. Excited. To be back on the road, and I'm hoping to take a road trip to Cadillac Friday after work. I know my Reatta isn't the prettiest, fastest, lowest miles or best condition, but I do love this car. Hoping to get some pics of the road trip, I'll keep you guys posted.

I am sure you will be OK, might suggest a 10 to 15 mile or so round trip before you go, that will give time for all things to warm up, (check the temp, oil pressure and charging gauges) and shoot, if a Reatta can go 10 miles w/o issues, the Cadillac trip should be a no-brainer.

Guest PontiacDude210

I wish I could post pix from mobile. I have to make it a point to get on a real computer one of these days.

I live on a gravel road, I use my Reatta for transportation whevever I can, not much into sitting in a lawn chair at a show, (I do have an appreciation for the pristine Reatta's, but mine is not one). I don't think you will find any critical comments about the condition of your Reatta here. My experience with this site is that the folks are primarily interested in keeping the Reatta's on the road. Drive and use your Reatta-that's what it was built for.

Take a look at the Buick Driving Enthusiasts website--they have an event coming up in September in Byran, Ohio, (not too far from you) open to all Buicks, not a car show, but several day trips to explore places you would not normally see, great fun, expect several Reatta's to be there--the perfect tour car.

http://www.buickclub.org/bde/

Tom

Guest PontiacDude210

I took a lot of crap on a site I was on before, this community is much friendlier than that one. The Buick community has been rather kind to my quarter million mile mechanic's special so far, even with all the fabricated or touched up parts due to nearly nonexistent part availability here. I met a Buick dealer's daughter a few years back who was just fascinated with the car, and loved how it had been actually driven a lot in its 24 years of life. I'll get some pics up soon.