C22 Chryselr origin CANADA OR USA

Can anyone please advise where the origin of my Aussie assembled 1939 Chrysler came from.

ID numbers on RH door jamb are 7585909 Engine number C22-13133.

There are also the numbers C22S 115 stamped high on the LH upper firewall but these may be by the Aussie assemblers

(TJ Richards ),

Just curious and wondering if this maybe affects the configuration of bore and stroke dimensions.

Tricky

Thanks Keiser, It is RHD, assembled in Oz 1939,

I'm glad you think it is a Yankee car, that means better specs, any clues to build month etc, I wonder how "knocked Down" it was before it came to Oz. Our local content laws see my car being different to USA models with home grown door winder and opening hardware, add on twin rear ashtrays,different Aussie sun visors etc and ????

T

Canadian made Chrysler and DeSoto used identical engines to US versions. In fact, up until 1938 they came from the US because Chrysler Canada had no engine foundry.

1938 to 1955, they made one engine only, the Chrysler - DeSoto flathead six. Plymouth and Dodge got a smaller version of this engine, while in the US they got a completely different engine. This accounts for the discrepancy in bore and stroke.

For tax reasons Australian cars and parts were often sourced through Canada.