On the road again

Thriller

We got away later this morning than I would have liked. Others on the road are getting better fuel economy than Max. Ruby gets to fill about half as often. We are in Belfield, ND. Second drink free in the lounge so I don't want to type too long.

Heartland Hooligans - the Willamette Valley has wineries and wine tasting rooms. Near Amity there is a monastery that makes fantastic fudge...it's a cool place.

More driving tomorrow to Missoula, then to Portland on Tuesday.

Safe travels! I've been on the road since Monday. Made a loop down through Arizona and up the California coast.

Hoping to roll into Portland late Tuesday or early Wednesday.

Some pictures from the trip. Some beautiful sights here in California and over in west Texas too. Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge tomorrow. This poor Reattas been all over the place!

post-62980-143142629281_thumb.jpg

post-62980-143142629283_thumb.jpg

post-62980-143142629287_thumb.jpg

post-62980-143142629291_thumb.jpg

post-62980-143142629294_thumb.jpg

Over 1000 km today to get to Missoula, MT. It was late getting in. Ruby had three pilots today with Luke getting his first taste of Interstate driving. A couple hairy moments with grades and trailer and semis but kept the shiny side up and wrinkle-free. Teresa will have a couple photos for me shortly.

Thanks Dave. So far so good.

Silly that I was attempting to post photos from an iPad when the photos were downloaded to a computer.

One shot is from the Painted Canyon Visitor Center of Theodore Roosevelt National Park in western ND, where we started yesterday.

post-32068-143142630651_thumb.jpg

Made it. Found Paul...of course that meant him creating a traffic jam around the hotels.

Free beer every night here at the Oxford...that's two nights in a row with local ambers (last night was Lake Missoula and tonight's was something I'll probably have again tomorrow).

I'm not sure I was happy about driving I84 today, although when we leave Sunday morning the traffic patterns will be different.

You know you've been around when you can't even check into the hotel without someone saying hello. It's good to be here with Buickful friends.

We have been driving since Friday from Chambersburg PA. So far 2,600 miles. Doing Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore etc. did use up some extra time. We followed these two guys in a 1973 Centurion for about 100 miles from Marshal Minnesota on Route 90.post-79073-14314263273_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We got home just this evening. We had some very good times with family and friends on a circuitous route home.

Max ax has a cracked lower bumper - don't know how that happened. To my knowledge everything else is fine (verified the bottle of Kraken). That will be verified in the coming days as we unpack.

Thanks for asking DD. Of course, we all know that JD is having to much fun to go home.

Thanks for asking DD. Of course, we all know that JD is having to much fun to go home.

Yeah, after my trip last year, the West is calling me back also. I'll have to look around the South West next trip. Dandy Dave!

Glad you all made it home safely Derek. Funny you should mention no going home. I had to call the EZ Pass service center to register the Electra and when they asked me to verify my address, I momentarily panicked as I had to think twice about the answer. Been on the go for 18 days. and not even half way across the US yet. I may have to sell at least one of the cars when I get back to finance this event. Oye Ve!!!

Glad you all made it home safely Derek. Funny you should mention no going home. I had to call the EZ Pass service center to register the Electra and when they asked me to verify my address, I momentarily panicked as I had to think twice about the answer. Been on the go for 18 days. and not even half way across the US yet. I may have to sell at least one of the cars when I get back to finance this event. Oye Ve!!![/QUOT

BUT AIN'T IT FUN?

Ben

We are still on the road staying over outside of St Louis and will visit with "hentzee" in Ill. tomorrow to check out his 1924-45. Possibly another 2 days back to Pa. We spent the last 2 days visiting Terry Wiegand in Hutchinson KS. 6,350 miles so far. My "tush" is getting tired.

post-79073-143142655994_thumb.jpgFirst photo . Terry Behind the wheel of his 1920. 2nd. Terry gave me a turn at the wheel with Terry as passenger. A real thrill! 3rd. Terry and I after inspecting his 1916-45 in the trailer before he takes it to get the new top done. 4th. My wife Joan, Barbra and Terry showing off their new siding. Last. Terry, myself and Joan touring McPhearson College restoration facilities.

post-79073-143142655971_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143142655978_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143142655983_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143142655989_thumb.jpg

Say Larry S, Was it raining when you were working on that flat? I looked at the weather map just after I talked with you. Like my Ol Buddy Jake use to say, "Just keep telling yourself your having Fun!" Dandy Dave!