1940-90 rear gravel shield.

Walter1

Might want to consider making one yourself, or having a shop do such. If your intentions are to have a very original panel, then such may not work for you.

I made both for my 41 Limited, but mine are aluminum with rolled beads, and not painted. My car has many custom/modified pieces.

Dale in Indy

Here are some shots of the gravel/splash panels I made out of aluminum. I made a cardboard pattern, then bent around a pipe I had clamped to a table.

The front is TWO pieces, back is one, I rolled some beads in the back to help hold it stable. i

I may have more pic's, will post if I find.

Not a hard project IMO.

Dale in Indy post-67970-143142630421_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142630411_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142630414_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142630417_thumb.jpg

Here are shots of my rolling beads in the rear pan. My roller is foot peddle controlled, variable speed, plus reverse, so I can hold/steer the piece with both hands. I made all my front inter engine fender panels, the fire wall, and all front and rear wheel fender panels with beaded aluminum. Never any rust as time goes along.

Dale in Indy post-67970-143142630484_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142630477_thumb.jpg

post-67970-14314263048_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142630482_thumb.jpg

I know you're looking for an older model, but I ended up getting a couple of my missing '50 Special gravel guards from the Buick Farm. Check these guys too...http://www.oldbuickparts.com/buicknos/ You can search by original part# if you know it. Random ones will show up on eBay sometimes as well, but less often. I think these pieces probably got crushed a lot in accidents.

Considering the fact that they took real punishment from the pounding splashes from the roads, well, it's no wonder they had lots of rust issues.

I would see if anyone has a panel for other 1940 models, then have them measure so you can compare with your needs.

I do know that in 1941 the Limited 90-series had wider bumpers, so possible such was true in 1940. It could be that all models used the same splash panels. MAYBE.

I wish you well,

Dale in Indy

Thanks to responders for the help, particularly Dale in Indy. I found Chuck Emery in the Buick Bugle and he sells them very reasonably so have bought one from him. it is very interesting to see the panels people make in their workshops, I shall have to try when I retire,

Jeff in Australia

BCA#39433