Goal This Week

60FlatTop

Here is a hint of this week's goal:

post-46237-143142628409_thumb.jpg

Work and life and all that other stuff has kept that big crate with the new windshield in the corner of the garage. There's my original Sahara Mist that was hidden for about 40 of the 50 years the car has been around. Had the same goal last week, let's see what happens.

I was in pretty good shape. All the cars were running and able to be waxed and caressed. We got a new addition, so naturally I have two under construction now.

post-46237-14314262846_thumb.jpg

Bernie

Guest clamshells

Sahara Mist top with two tone Red body (Rare!)

Bernie.............set down the beer and post the right picture.

Sahara Mist top with two tone Red body (Rare!)

Bernie.............set down the beer and post the right picture.

Bernie, don't pay any attention to him....have a beer on me. One thing you want to watch out for on the installation in case you didn't know......Whether

you are using butyl tape(which is what I recommend) or urethane in a caulk gun, do NOT let any of the sealer come in contact with the middle of the edge of the windshield

where the laminate is exposed. If you get the tape or urethane on this part of the glass you will be looking at a delaminating glass on the edge of the windshield in about

two to three years later. It took me a long time to figure out what was causing this on my A-body show cars that I put windshields in.