what does this Tiltray lens fit?

Brad in Wisconsin

Guest stephen48
Got this lens by a fella who had an old cornking from the mid thirties. all it says on top is says TOP:o and the bottom says TILTRAY headlamp quide made in usa. About 9 & 3/4" dia. with about a full inch dish up in the middle. does she fit the IHC truck or? Thanks

It fits 1930 Oldsmobile. I think it may also fit Diamond T but thats all.

It fits 1930 Oldsmobile. I think it may also fit Diamond T but thats all.

I didn't think any headlamps in 1930 had convex lenses? Pretty certain it is not for a 1930 Oldsmobile.

Guest stephen48
I didn't think any headlamps in 1930 had convex lenses? Pretty certain it is not for a 1930 Oldsmobile.

Sorry I did not realise it was convex so not 30 Olds.

There's a number on the rim, if you look at one of the flat spots on the other edge, lower left side in the picture, if you post that number it would help identify, I'll look at the numbers I have and see what matches....

The number doesn't look right. Six digits is okay, but nearly all Tiltray lens numbers in the 30's started with 91. In the late 30's some went to 92. I know the digits are hard to read, but is it possible that you are looking at them upside down or backwards? I expect the ending number 16 that you read is instead a 91 start for another number.

Note - I see a listing for a 914653 convex lens which fits 33-34 GMC, 32 Oldsmobile and 33 Reo. It is listed at 9 15/32 OD and look like the style of your lens.

Edited by Tom Burtch
added info (see edit history)

Sorry fellas it reads 359416 and the print type is similar to the font being used on this site so I can't be reading it upside down or inside out as the 3,5,4 and 1 would be strange. Could this be a commercial application and in a different part of your books and or maybe a factory part number? what is the number for 1934-35 IHC C series truck?

Looking in the lower left side like in the picture. if it was a clock at the hour hand would be about at 800........you'd have to take the lens off the headlamp and door to be able to read the numbers if you had that which I don't. Hmm what about foreign or something made later say in the fifties generic one size fits all (poorly) kinda thing?:D