1927 Peerless six-80 For Sale

Guest AdolfoCutillo

Guest AdolfoCutillo

SOLD!

I have a 1927 Peerless six-80 that I would like to sell because of my advanced age. It has a good running engine and a solid body except for a fender that requires repairs for some rusting.It needs painting and new upholstery.Everything works except the gas gauge (repairable).Asking $11,000.

post-101271-143142627396_thumb.jpg

post-101271-143142627413_thumb.jpg

post-101271-143142627417_thumb.jpg

post-101271-14314262742_thumb.jpg

post-101271-143142627422_thumb.jpg

post-101271-143142627449_thumb.jpg

post-101271-143142627451_thumb.jpg

Edited by AdolfoCutillo
Car has been sold. (see edit history)

counterpoint,

I see by your photo you have an interest in another carmaker that used Continental engines: Ruxton.

Two of the five Peerless models available in 1927 used Continentals, like Mr. Cutillo's 6-80 shown in Post #1. I think the 1930-1933 Ruxtons used an engine similar to the 1930/31 Peerless Model "A" [Also called the "Standard Eight"]: the Continental 18S straight eight, but turned around backward to accommodate the front-wheel drive. The Model "A" Peerless used a Continental 17S. I see there's a very popular thread on the General Discussion Forum by Barry Wolk about a 1933 Ruxton {a Full Classic automobile} being totally restored.

Edited by jeff_a
Earlier editing erased correct names for 1930 and 1931 models. (see edit history)

counterpoint,

Welcome to the AACA Forums and its Peerless branch office. The '27 Peerless you asked about seems to be a sedan with a pretty high level of originality, judging by the gas ration card on the windshield, completeness in the engine bay, etc. Folks are welcome to discuss Peerless cars, trucks, bicycles, and wringer washers (and the lines of beer these all evolved into) here on the Peerless Forum -- whether or not they own any.

Technically, Peerless cars are so rare ownership isn't an option for most. If you want an easy to find old car look for a Ford or GM. Even Pierce-Arrows and Packards are many times more common than Peerlesses today. Peerless only built about 3,800 cars per year. Others will come up with different numbers, but around 107,000 Peerlesses were built and 346 still exist (+/- 50).

Next year will be 150 years since the Peerless Company started.

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a
better editor than typist (see edit history)

counterpoint,

Welcome to the AACA Forums and its Peerless branch office. The '27 Peerless you asked about seems to be a sedan with a pretty high level of originality, judging by the gas ration card on the windshield, completeness in the engine bay, etc. Folks are welcome to discuss Peerless cars, trucks, bicycles, and wringer washers (and the lines of beer these all evolved into) here on the Peerless Forum whether or not they own any.

Technically, Peerless cars are so rare ownership isn't an option for most. If you want an easy to find old car look for a Ford or GM. Even Pierce-Arrows and Packards are many times more common than Peerlesses today. Peerless only built about 3,800 cars per year.

Next year will be 150 years since the Peerless Company started.

----Jeff

On January 24, 1865 Robert and W.L. Simpson established the Peerless Wringer Co. in Cincinnati. In 1885 they purchased the Mercantile Manufacturing Co. in Cleveland. In Feb. 1891 the name was changed to Peerless Mfg. Co. and on Nov. 1, 1900 the first Peerless Motorette was displayed at America's first auto show in New York. In Feb. 1902 Company was incorportated as the Peerless Motor Car Company. The Peerless factory shut down Nov. 7, 193i. Peerless purchased the rights from Carlings of Canada to brew beer. In 1933 the name was changed to Peerless Corporation and in 1936 became Brewing Corp. of America and in 1938 name was change to the Carlings Brewing Company.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Indianfour

Sir: Back in the very early '70's, as a member of the Classic Car Club of America & the Indiana Region; I was offered a Peerless sedan that was in need of a complete restoration. The owner was a good friend of mine and he had a 1930 Packard Standard sedan and I drove a 1933 Packard coupe-roadster. We drove them all over Indiana! He wanted to give me the Peerless sedan but I turned him down because it wasn't an 'open car'!! That is just one of the many mistakes that I have made!! Also, a year or so earlier, I could have bought a 1937 Buick Convertible with twin side-mounts and a rumble seat for around $6000.00 which, at the time, was way too much!! It had belonged to a soldier that was being discharged and he just abandoned the car. At that time, a fully restored Buick convertible was around that same amount so I turned it down!! Another time, I was shown a very early 'Brush" that was complete but needed everything. It was priced at $25,000.00!! It wasn't worth $2500.00 so I didn't even try to make an offer!! The life of being an 'ol car lover' has been lots of fun and I have met a lot of very interesting people!! IndianFour

Indianfour,

Nice to hear your tales from a few years ago. The first car you describe reminds me of a 1926 Peerless that Daniel Ransom of Indiana had 10 or 20 years ago. Was this a big 6-72 5-Passenger sedan, or was it another car? The 6-72 went to Kansas for a few years and is now in NW Indiana.

Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)