1935 Studebaker hood ornament

Not sure what you mean by "show quality"? Sure this piece can be made to look quite good, but it will not look original due to the polishing which will change the lines and blur the highlights. Of course it depends on where you send it to have the work done. Cost? How much is a dental filling? How much is a new car? If you need the piece for your car and want it to be as close to new as possible, choose your restorer carefully and give them specific instructions. I would guess a good restorer would want two-three hundred to do this nicely. Choose cheaply and you will probably get a piece that looks like it was done cheaply and vice versa. Good luck.

That is two piece bird. The wings are pined on. To do a show job it will have to come apart and be quality plated to fit back together. Most platers put on the copper heavy and the wings may not fit again. A real good plater might do it together. That ornament was reproduced some years ago but I haven't seen them available in a while. I have a NOS one and a show plated one in my collection.