1924 Nash 691 Touring for sale

Guest bnw

A very close friend of mine recently and very unexpectedly passed away leaving a multitude of collectible cars. His widow has asked me to help her liquidate some of these vehicles. I will be selling a fully restored 1924 Nash 691 Touring Sedan. I have no idea as to how to market this vehicle nor can I find a similar vehicle to help determine its value. I am asking for some help here and maybe a solid buyer. The car is in heated storage. I checked on it a few weeks ago and it is dusty, but started up instantly. I will have pictures, an inventory list of spares and documents, and more information shortly. If you, or anyone you know is interested, or can help me ascertain its value, please respond. This vehicle will be a super buy for someone. The owner would rather sell it than store it. Thanks

You have to reference it to a town 380 miles away? Not that I know where Wellington is anyway.

Wellington, Ohio. A direct response to member roysboystoys in the previous response.

A very close friend of mine recently and very unexpectedly passed away leaving a multitude of collectible cars. His widow has asked me to help her liquidate some of these vehicles. I will be selling a fully restored 1924 Nash 691 Touring Sedan. I have no idea as to how to market this vehicle nor can I find a similar vehicle to help determine its value. I am asking for some help here and maybe a solid buyer. The car is in heated storage. I checked on it a few weeks ago and it is dusty, but started up instantly. I will have pictures, an inventory list of spares and documents, and more information shortly. If you, or anyone you know is interested, or can help me ascertain its value, please respond. This vehicle will be a super buy for someone. The owner would rather sell it than store it. Thanks

Value is one of those really tough things to determine on no information, a good place to begin is a picture, date of restoration, whether the car has won awards, and then, you should also try and determine how long the car was owned and if the owner had a mechanic, or did the work himself,.. if he had a mechanic,..go ask them what they know of the car or value.

The Nash 691 was a good, middle of the line car comparable to a Dodge, and just below Studebaker in value. The touring was a decent car, but common at the time, the reverse of today, the tourer or convertible is rare today, where it was prevalent back then. the range of value varies between $12,000-17,000 depending a good deal on restoration date, parts, mileage and condition. Despite what you see in sales ads, who mostly add 25%-30% to a car just for the purpose of fishing buyer interest, you should find someone reputable to evaluate your car, my guess would be that unless your car is significantly flawless, the lower end of the range would be a good guess, if it is running, without significant wear or problems, legal to drive, dependable and of an older restoration,... many people give up and go to an auction hose, which will probably net you a lower value for a common car, and more if it is rare, yours is common to average.

Edited by IndianaCarGuy
left items out (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for you comprehensive reply. It is much appreciated. I just went through a long and very unpleasant discourse with another forum member over this car but lesson learned, we are probably on the lower end with this car. I'll try to get some pictures today and post. Thanks again