Help identifying late 50s early 60s era station wagon

Guest MatthewY

Guest MatthewY

Hey guys, found this out on the road while driving. I'm trying to figure out what it is. The badge on the back said Cadillac, but the body style is all wrong for a Caddy. I don't know of any with flares over the wheels like that.

The single round headlight makes me think Ford Falcon or Galaxie. The blacked out wheels also make me think it's a Ford from that era. What say you? I want to identify it and research it before talking to the owner.

post-101930-143142626996_thumb.png

Thanks for any help, folks!

Guest MatthewY

Thanks, Dave. It looks really great in that two tone blue and white. The all off-white of the one I'm interested in was...less than inspiring.

All 2 door Ford wagons were Ranch Wagons. The one in your picture and in this ad is the cheapest, Custom 300 I think. You could upgrade to a Fairlane which Had more trim. You couldn't get the wood trim (Country Squire) in a 2 door.

d2d54a6c16da4694d012103205d35940.jpg

MathewY, Is this a car that is for sale and you are interested in buying? These are great cars but usually rust buckets. I have a friend that is into the 57 Ranch Wagons and buys them all the time to feed his blackberries.