Need frame dimensions 52 olds 98 4 door

Guest slyhog022056

Guest slyhog022056

Hello folks, been a long time since i have been here. I am looking for a chart with frame dimensions, widths, heights, center points to center points. I am looking for this because i have bought another 2001 vehicle with the intent of putting my 52 olds 98 body on it. I have the frame dimensions for the other vehicle but was trying to find mounting point locations, frame widths and ride height measurements so i can get the other frame to sit down onto it. I only have a 2 car garage so it isnt possible to put the 2 frames next to each other to measure and change. Any ideas of where i can find this information will be greatly appreciated

I can't believe you have belonged to this site for more than 2 years and had the nerve to ask that question. Just because I'm a good guy and I dislike the mental image of heads on a pike, I will say that the information you request is out there... at a price. Expecting a site of restoration fanatics to give it up for free after you have told them you want to slice up once of their prized relics is probably not going to happen. The positive note for you is that so far, the price is pretty low. Check it out....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-53-54-55-Oldsmobile-NOS-Frame-Dimensions-Alignment-/220535657927

Guest slyhog022056

Well first off this isnt a sight for restorations only, its called The Antique Automobile Club, nowhere does it say restorers club. secondly i am not "slicing up a prized relic" i am just making it better and more dependable. Which you cant get with a restoration of something 60+ years old.

Thanks for the link anyway.

HAMB would be your best bet here if it's up.

That 52 probably has a ladder frame meaning any compatible modern frame will have to come from a truck. I believe the bubble Caprice was the last full-frame passenger car GM built and that would have been a perimeter frame which would require major surgery to get a 1952 car to sit properly on it. Ford and Chrysler went to almost total unibody construction years before GM.

I don't completely agree with the idea that an old vehicle has to have modern underpinnings to be better and more dependable. That mindset took hold after people got used to driving modern cars and then started believing what they were told about old stuff was inadequate and unsafe. My own thought is that people with that mindset have no business with an older car because one simply cannot be expected to drive and handle like modern soulless stuff. Sure, the new stuff has all the safety features, better fuel economy, all the things people now think cars HAVE to have, but you'd might as well drive a washing machine.

But, your car, time and money. Good luck with the project.