Cowl lights--wiring

dbbob

Is there a Dodge Brother/Sister out there who can tell me how to correctly wire COWL LIGHTS for a 1924 DB business coupe? Do the cowl lights have a separate switch, or do they function with the regular headlight switch? Thank you!

A few pictures I've seen of that year didn't have cowl lights...which probably is why they aren't in the wiring diagram Doug mentions. On my '32 cowl lights have their own steering column light switch position, which means they are off when the headlights are on.

A few pictures I've seen of that year didn't have cowl lights...which probably is why they aren't in the wiring diagram Doug mentions. On my '32 cowl lights have their own steering column light switch position, which means they are off when the headlights are on.

Same way on my '31s.

I believe the deluxe also included bumpers that were also plated. The cowl lights as we call them have a single wire from the back of the CLUM switch running to each cowl light. The positive voltage side is the steel body mount at light. The clum switch lever will have one left detent labelled "PARK". This will light the cowl lights and tail lamp. The lever is moved to the right one detent for low beam, second detent will be high beams. Hope this helps--Pete.