Radiator hose for 4 cylinder

Guest 22Coupe

Guest 22Coupe

I was at a local car show last night and a fellow pointed out to me a crack in the upper radiator hose which I failed to see when checking things over before leaving home (or it developed on the way). It is not leaking yet, but if it was a pressurized system it probably would have blown already. The crack is an 1/8" wide.

Anyway, does anyone know the hose diameter for a '22 4 cylinder? It is a straight hose only about 3 1/2" to 4" long. I would like to have the new hose before taking the old one off first. Obviously, I will have to take the neck off the engine and cut the hose because it looks so hard that I'm afraid it will damage the radiator neck if I don't cut it first. Also, what style clamps should be on the hose? I think they are wrong on the top hose, but not sure. They are a flat thumb twist threaded straight down.

Thank you for your time,

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 22Coupe

The hose size is an 1 1/4", but the new problem is the neck on the engine. It has rusted away on the end that the hose clamps to and needs to be replaced. The part number is 151643. I imagine that no one is reproducing these 4 cylinder necks. I don't see any in the catalog for Bob's. If anyone knows of a lead on a good used one I would most certainly appreciated it.

Thanks,

Gary