1961 or 1965 Impala

I need to downsize -whichever sells first, I'll keep the other.

This is rare for a 1965 Impala, a four-door hardtop with a six-cylinder motor and positraction. Fixed up, it'll be a fun cruise night car. This car has 81,000 miles. It runs and stops but needs cosmetic help as you'll see from the pictures. It's a Tarrytown car, built during the 3rd week of July, 1965. It was sold new at Baldwin Chevrolet in September, 1965. I have the original bill of sale, the Fisher Body punch card, the Protecto-Plate and two recall notices from the dealer from 1966. This Impala is equipped with powerglide and power steering. The radio doesn't work. The previous owners had the head milled and a valve job done in 2009.

1961 Impala Sedan: It has a rebuilt 283, powerglide and power steering. It has the pushbutton radio which stopped working a few weeks ago. Someone repainted the car in the original colors, Ermine White over Seafoam Green a long time ago. The paint is ok, there are some rust spots on the doors and front fenders, but nothing major. All the trim is on the car but is sun-faded.

The interior is ok too, I recovered the rear seat and package tray. The front seat is original and in good condition. I have a new carpet for it which I'll include in the sale. The headliner is good, the rear door panels are good, the front ones aren't so good. The door handles and window cranks are showing their age, I have a new set of window fuzzies and tracks which I'll include in the sale.

The car runs well, although it has developed an intermittent starting problem which I'm trying to diagnose. It has good acceleration and shifts well. The odometer shows 48,200 miles which has to be the second time around. I have a clean, transferrable NY registration for the new owner.

Since owning the car, I've had the master cylinder rebuilt, replaced belts and hoses, flushed the cooling system. It has five American Classic radials I bought in 2011 and that only have a few hundred miles on them.

Cars sold as is, where is, with no warranty of any kind.

Please email at jetsmooth61@optimum.net if interested.

I forgot the suggested prices, thanks for reminding me. Asking $3600 for the 1965 Impala and $5700 for the 1961. I don't know how to attach pictures to this forum, but please pm or email me and I'll forward pictures.

• 2 months later...