"38 Lincoln Zephyr Engine

peecher

Listing this for a friend who just passed away. A fairly complete '38 Zephyr engine. This was a running engine when stored several years ago in a dry storage area. It turns over freely now. It has cast iron heads, a Ford carburetor and a 2 brush generator. The engine is located just North of Dallas Texas. the contact is Pete Vamvakas III, my friend's son. His e-mail is pvamvakas@msn.com.

post-31684-143142622459_thumb.jpg

post-31684-143142622478_thumb.jpg

post-31684-143142622497_thumb.jpg

Yes, pretty sure it's a '38. Had Pete check a few things. The left rear block has just 2 oil line ports ( the bottom one plugged). The right side exhaust manifold has the forward exit outlet and it appears to have a 9" clutch which would place it'39 or older. The right exhaust manifold is '38 or newer. The oil ports would place it '38 or older. Pete told me he bought this from a fellow who was going to put it in a Ford Hot rod and that might explain the Ford generator , carb and postwar replacement fuel pump? The early aluminum heads could be troublesome heads so many were exchanged for the later cast iron style, one less problem to deal with.

• 2 months later...
Yes, pretty sure it's a '38. Had Pete check a few things. The left rear block has just 2 oil line ports ( the bottom one plugged). The right side exhaust manifold has the forward exit outlet and it appears to have a 9" clutch which would place it'39 or older. The right exhaust manifold is '38 or newer. The oil ports would place it '38 or older. Pete told me he bought this from a fellow who was going to put it in a Ford Hot rod and that might explain the Ford generator , carb and postwar replacement fuel pump? The early aluminum heads could be troublesome heads so many were exchanged for the later cast iron style, one less problem to deal with.

Do you know if this is still available?