Weather Stripping Question

vektro

I bought weather stripping for my 65 from Rubber the Right Way, after some feedback from the forum. Looks like nice stuff, but when I started with the leading edge for the rear window, I am having a hard time making it fit. The piece I took off is more rigid, and the new one is nice soft rubber. It seems like the part that slides into the channel on the window is too wide. It is wider than the original I took off. Also, the original curves inward a bit on the bottom and the new one doesn't. Am I missing something here? Could be me, as I haven't ever replaced any weather stripping.

Anybody ever used this product on their 65? Part number is correct. Any advice?

Im having a problem figuring out which seal we are refering to. Are you talking about the upper window seal for the front and rear windows along the top of the car? Are you talking about the seal on the leading edge of the rear window? use some soapy water will help it slide around as you install it, either one. I found the upper seal best to start at the front because there is a small clip that holds it in place and then work your way rearward, I pinched into the channel as I went and it snapped in place fairly easily. Your older seals are dried out and shrunk which is why the new ones seem bigger