Which member does the reproduction 16 way seat bezel?

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Ok, supposedly I won't be happy with them I am told. That being said I am looking for a perfect 16 way seat bezel.

Guest PAT'S 91

I JUST BOUGHT A INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER FROM HIM ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO.I GOT HIS INFORMATION FROM THIS WEBSITE.

Ok, supposedly I won't be happy with them I am told. That being said I am looking for a perfect 16 way seat bezel.

Steve may rub some people the wrong way at times (me included). I get the impression your comments come from others speaking from an emotional state.

But there is no misrepresentation from him on anything he sells. If it's NOS, you'll get NOS. If it is in good/very good condition, he'll tell you just that before making a sale. Let his 100% positive feedback on his eBay transactions speak for itself. At the very least, contact him and see what he has.

May as well second Bushwack's sentiments here. Seems Steve's "sin" here was a clash of personalities that lead to some arguments. I see that happen on most online forums I belong to. As far as the quality of his offerings, they are exactly as advertised, and I speak from experience.

I've ordered chrome wheels and centers from him and was never disappointed in what I received. While his pricing may be on the higher side of things - depending on what is on offer - some of the items he has are very hard to find.

That he spearheaded repro 16 way switch plates and chrome letter inlays says something about his comittment to these cars, irrespective of any personal beef one may have with him.

I guess my point is this: not to summmarily dismiss his offerings based on perceptions of things that happened on this forum in the past. Look past that, and he does offer a valuable service as a parts vendor. If he decides to abandon his efforts to that end, it would be a loss to all preservation minded Reatta owners.

KDirk

Edited by KDirk (see edit history)

Guest Corvanti

I agree with Ervin & Kevin. the parts i purchased from him over 2 years ago were top notch! :cool:

some folks are stubborn - must have the last word - or are not very "diplomatic" in approaching a disagreement on line.

he wasn't the only one a year or so ago. i got a little annoyed with things going on here. the mods took care of it and now we are back to helping each other!:cool:

Guest my3buicks

He knows how picky I am and didn't think I would be happy with the repo ones. I also have bought some excellent items from him. Had nothing to do with him in the least, I am the last person on earth who listens and does what other people tell me to do lol

I always hesitate to post that he was banned here as that implies he did something wrong. I didn't agree with his argumentativeness but I truly believe him to be an honest and upstanding seller. I would buy from him if I really needed something he had and pay his price. I think he is an honorable person.

If you look at his early posts you will see a guy who was friendly and willing to help. Then he decided he was the smartest guy on the forum and it all changed.

Of all the people who have left this forum, I miss him the least...

To add: passenger side bezels were a factory part but only used on Rivieras that had 16 ways (the Reatta option was drivers seat only, the passnger seat was a look-alike without the extra functions).

Consequently, the passenger side oem bezel is virtually impossible to find now. Steve mirror imaged his drivers side repro and made it for those who wish to add the extra functions on the passenger side. A limited market, to be sure, but available none the less.

Near as I can tell, his repro parts are cut and engraved from gravoply plastic. They are correctly dimensioned and will do the job. For the truly particular amongst us they are discernable from the original factory part which was screen printed on die cut aluminum. That said, they fill a need that is otherwise unmet.

If you are going for factory concourse grade restoration, then you will be searching and paying handsomely for a mint factory part I suspect.

KDirk

Steve may very well have repose. of the 16 way seat bezel plates but, I thought his claim to fame was the manufacture of the these for the passenger side seats which were never made at the factory.

John F.

Steve's 'claim to fame' is he's opinionated (and a valued resource as a Reatta vendor). Not that it would happen, but the subject of Steve and his ramblings (I mean that in a respectable way) deserves a sticky. If one doesn't have money in the game, much of what he says/said deserves thought and respectable conversation.

Those bezel plates he has made (I believe) are for both driver & passenger sides. Steve feels it was possible to order a 16 way seat for the passenger side from the Craft Center (maybe one came with the elusive polo green vert :)). I've seen both bezels and along with the B-U-I-C-K chrome letters he's reproduced, they look identical to OEM (and honestly, better quality).

One more thing about Steve as a resource for Reatta items. Aside from owning a few Reattas, he has many more Reatta items in his hanger then he lets on (i.e. body panels). It's a disservice to any Reatta owner to exclude him as a vendor solely based on hearsay.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks George!!!!

My pleasure. This is for drivers side, I got two at the time.

This vendor has a lot of parts NOS that others don't. I got a similar part for my 1991 Eldorado. Also some trim for my 1991 Olds.

This is why you need the GM parts and illustration catalog to look up the GM part numbers. They are handy manuals to have.

Edited by MCHinson
Deleted additional comment in violation of forum rules. (see edit history)

Got them today, wow. One of these will be the crowning touch for the seats.

Now they are no more. I have two. I may come up with a way to attach mine when needed since I think when a switch goes they get ruined when you try to access the switch.

Guest my3buicks

I sure couldn't find any Ronnie until George guided me to these NOS ones. Oh, and they were a bargain to boot.

Guest my3buicks

The accepted answer is yes, there are those that insist that it could gave been ordered on the passenger side. I don't know of any that are actually documented as being built.

The passenger side does get power recline with the option