1934 Buick Victoria Coupe Bodies 50 and 60 Series

Guest pigneck

Guest pigneck

Hi, I became the happy owner of both a 50 and 60 series Victoria coupes recently. The 50 is in pieces and boxes and has no running gear, the 60 is complete but a bit rough and will need major work all over. Both cars are in different states currently many hundreds of miles from here. The 50 is really solid, little rust . Is there anyone that knows if the bodies of the 2 cars are the same exact size and could be interchangeable on the frames. Also, does anyone know what the differences in the sheetmetal are? Are the grilles the same, and the bumpers etc? Also, does anyone know of a great place for reproduction 34/35 Buick parts is ? I'd like to eventually have both cars up and running in the future, but the 50 series on the 60 frame could really speed things up, I think. Any thoughts and info on this is greatly appreciated, Thanks, in advance.

pigneck,

I am not certain, but I suspect like early and later years, everything may look alike, but the higher the series number, the larger the wheelbase and everything that sits on the frame. The wheelbase is 9" longer in the 60 series. Some components on the body may be the same and also some engine items such as generator, but not much,

If you want to scrap the plans you have, I know of a running, driving '34 Victoria in MA that will be available soon.

John

Door handles etc. will be the same, but pretty much everything else is a different size. I suggest you concentrate your resources to restore the 60 series as it will be the better car in the long run and sell the 50 series to finance the restoration.

Guest pigneck
pigneck,

I am not certain, but I suspect like early and later years, everything may look alike, but the higher the series number, the larger the wheelbase and everything that sits on the frame. The wheelbase is 9" longer in the 60 series. Some components on the body may be the same and also some engine items such as generator, but not much,

If you want to scrap the plans you have, I know of a running, driving '34 Victoria in MA that will be available soon.

John

I'd like to entertain the idea, but I'm really interested in having a longer wheelbase car for ride, comfort, looks etc. Would you have any info on the car, the model, and any other pertinent info? Also, if owner wants to discuss particulars or possibilities regarding this car, I'd really like to make his acquaintance. Obviously, I have a lot to learn about this particular model Buick. Thanks for any help you can give, Don.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,congrats on the cars,i bought a 35 Vicky 50 series earlier this year-a project car somewhat restored in the sixties-I need the following parts should you know of any-a rear side window curtain rod w/ brackets,a passenger side rear fender bracket,a gas tank strap and one sunvisor arm/knuckle(pivots)good luck with the carspost-64925-143142659568_thumb.jpg

post-64925-143142659566_thumb.jpg