Seat belts installation in a 1960 Invicta with front bench seat

Guest Cz10

I will be installing seatbelts in my 60 Invicta 4-door and have questions about routing the belts through the front bench seat to the floor. Thete doesn't seem to be any option to slitting the upholsyery material where it wraps under the seat. Any hints as how to do this so that movement of the belt doesn't tear the opening it passes thru? Belts were an available "engineered accessory" and apparently there were instructions with the kit. Anybody have a copy of those instructions?

Hi Don,

As I recall I had no problem with having to make a slit in the upholstery when I installed lap belts on my now-sold '60 Electra sedan with a front bench. There was room enough to slip the end of the belt that bolts to the driveshaft tunnel just aft of the front seat. Make sure the belt halves with the releases are installed in the inboard positions.

Thanks. maybe there are slits there and I just have to find them. Do you recall dimples in the pan at mounting locations? I haven't pulled the carpet back yet.

So I called the BCA 60 Tech advisor. This had come up once before. Previous research determined the lower frame of the seat has holes to accommodate seat belts IF this was an option ordered new. Someone went out and examined old seats and found this to be the case. I be looking for cars with belts in Portland to verify this.

Yea, I'm thinking I'll have to yank the front seat out at this point. I've done the mounting before, but never dealt with a bench seat.

If I do that, I'd like to convert it to 6 way.