Excellent Tan Pair 16 Way Seats

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

I am looking for a very clean pair of tan 16 way seats, all functions need to work properly(if air pump works but bag is bad that is ok). Not looking for junk. Thanks

Good luck.

I tried about 6 months ago looking for a set. I called a number of salvage yards and pretty much everything was junk. Take a good look at what is bad on your seats and determine what needs to be done.

My left side bolsters were worn on both the upper and lower left side, I had one bad crack and seams that were starting to split. So rather then try to match leather I got some head rests [they match perfectly] for my repairs. The leather from the head rests are just a bit short so depending on your upholsterer you may end up with one more seam, but believe me after 1 week I forgot about the extra seam and really no one notices.

Something to consider...

Guest my3buicks

I am adding them to my 5k mile convertible, once I find a good clean set I will take them to my upholster who is a gifted craftsman and he will give me back a better than when new set of 16 way seats. At that point I will sell the mint standard seats.

post-30591-143142620762_thumb.jpg

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

I think a set that is a nice to start with will have not been used and abused as much as set that is ratty. I think a good set will have better bones as well as mechanicals. Same with a restoration, they always say to start with the best car you can find

Glad you turned those up. My advice for anyone else searching for seats is to make sure the foam cushions are as good as possible and all the plastics are intact (hinge covers, headrest receiver inserts etc.). The mechanical portions are easily sourced if needed for replacement and the upholstery can be redone if need be.

So really, the cushions, plastics and frame/springs are the important parts as they are the hardest to source good condition replacements for if needed. Better to start with seats that are solid in those three areas and recover than to buy cheap beat down seats that require extensive rebuilding. I guess that goes without saying.

Keith, will you be posting the 6 ways for sale here one you do the swap?

KDirk

Hi, are those both 16 way seats or just the passenger one? I know it's probably just the angle but the drivers looks very different. Just wondering if the profile of both types are that similar. Probably more so from the front than the side it seems. Would love to have new covers, if I had 16 way seats I'd be tempted to ask if your guy could make an extra set. I can't help but think how disappointed I'd be unless these were done just right. Even starting with good bones, the tuck and roll on these seems highly daunting and is probably beyond anyone in my immediate area. In case your guy doesn't need to tear apart every bit of the old seats to make a pattern, please PM me any time if you'd care to sell what's left over.

Guest my3buicks

They are both 16 way, well of course the passenger one just appears 16 way. I have had him do work for 20 years now and his work always pleases me and that us not easy to do lol. I actually expect that they will be better than new.

Guest my3buicks

Picked the seats up yesterday, they are exactly what I was looking for, nice clean cores for recovering.

post-30591-143142627063_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...