Window Channel Rebuild Service

jpage

I can rebuild the "batwing"type channels and inner sweeps for most of the WPC cars '35-'36 with patterns. Can also reproduce or repair channels for roll down rear windows and 2 door side windows with patterns. Units are rebuilt as close to original as possible. Pricing differs according to condition of units. PM or phone 814-three four one- 2 4 six one.

I can rebuild the "batwing"type channels and inner sweeps for most of the WPC cars '35-'36 with patterns. Can also reproduce or repair channels for roll down rear windows and 2 door side windows with patterns. Units are rebuilt as close to original as possible. Pricing differs according to condition of units. PM or phone 814-three four one- 2 4 six one.

I am looking for steel channel, for my 34 Dodge, just the channel, I know it will not have the same profile but,, the channel in the car is rotted at one end so I just want to replace to except new glass, any thoughts? or maybe you know where I can get a pice of original channel, Thanks

Steve

You must be talking about the glass retainer channel that's fastened to the glass itself. Most of these are no longer available and to my knowledge there are no universal channels that can be adapted. You'll probably have to look for good originals. Every once in a while there is a guy who has some different ones on E-bay. Haven't seen him on for a while but I was able to get a full set on NOS channels for a great price. I'm not very familiar with the '34's but many of the WPC channels have runners to accept rollers which makes it more difficult to repair. Good luck in your search! Jim

Restoration Specialties in PA sells a universal channel to replace some of the retainer channels in more modern cars. I have a piece here if you can give me the measurements of the channel. It appears that the retainer channel is riveted and/ or welded to the guide track. If it comes apart ,the replacement channel may work.

Restoration Specialties in PA sells a universal channel to replace some of the retainer channels in more modern cars. I have a piece here if you can give me the measurements of the channel. It appears that the retainer channel is riveted and/ or welded to the guide track. If it comes apart ,the replacement channel may work.

I will get back with a measurement, those tracks/channels are flaton the bottom? this channel has a shape on the bottom , thinking for the roller to fit it??

post-70464-143142623157_thumb.png

The universal channel is flat on the bottom; I couldn't see from the photo if yours is or not. I might have an old original piece here that may be in good enough shape to try to repair yours. I need to see some more detailed close up shots of how the tracks are fastened. Most of the original channels do have that groove down the center. Don't give up, always more than one way to skin the cat!

The universal channel is flat on the bottom; I couldn't see from the photo if yours is or not. I might have an old original piece here that may be in good enough shape to try to repair yours. I need to see some more detailed close up shots of how the tracks are fastened. Most of the original channels do have that groove down the center. Don't give up, always more than one way to skin the cat!

if I can find a piece of this channel I can make adjustments,,,ie knotch, re-rivet ect,,,

The last picture is how"NOT" to repair a running board, flat sheet metal tacked to top of board to cover a few small rusted through spots, best to do from underneath and shape/ form filler to match groove pattern on top of board,,,may take a little longer to do but the end result will be worth it, also the pattern on the boards is already there is the rubber added just for gripping/slipping purpose? If it is I think I will paint them and add, aluminium step or maybe just some type of grip strip, any thoughts ,,,

post-70464-143142624541_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142624546_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142624551_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142624555_thumb.jpg

post-70464-14314262456_thumb.jpg

I'll look to see if I have any of that channel here that's any good. Apparently that is the good piece. No ideas on the boards. Sometimes bad work just ruins the whole part! I'm also going to post some pics of the channels I repair; I didn't think that there may be folks that have no idea what I'm talking about!

Knobless, I looked and no longer have any of the old channels. I did find a piece of replacement that I tried welding a rod to the underneath to duplicate the extension. Didn't work too well for me as I'm not a very accurate welder and the wire had to be in just the right location or the roller jammed.

Steve,

I think I have a really good channel spare for one side. From memory both my sides are excellent and if this is a spare one you are welcome to it my friend. I just have to check and I'll post a picture later.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks , Ian..

I'll look to see if I have any of that channel here that's any good. Apparently that is the good piece. No ideas on the boards. Sometimes bad work just ruins the whole part! I'm also going to post some pics of the channels I repair; I didn't think that there may be folks that have no idea what I'm talking about!

I may have had a set done by you some years back, I lived in Peabody mass. at that time , and can't remember if it was my 36 dodge , or the 33 plymouth,

Steve is this what your after. The one with the glass is the spare and the end ( see close up photo ) looks like it was cut off. Its in good order and its yours if you can make it work for you. I removed the glass in the last shot.

Cheers

Ian

Yes , Ian that's what I need , if you are sure you don't need it I'll take it.....what do you need for it?

Thanks

Steve