Az. 65 Riv plate owners...............

Guest onedesertdog

Guest onedesertdog

Hi all,

I wanted to personalize my 65 plate, and logged on to AZDMV. I tried every 65 Riv combo you can imagine to no avail.

Who has all these tags? I only know of one who has a 65 and lives in Az. Of course, I don't get out much. lol.

So, I'm reading the latest issue of the Riview, and bam, An article from James Reed. He mentions a plate he had that said 6T5 Riv.

So, I log on to AZDMV and it's available.. I wait 4 days until I get back home, go to the DMV, AND it just got taken!!!!!!!

I guess you snooze you lose. But how many 65's are registered in Az. I wonder?

It's ok, I'm feel much better now. :cool:

Buddy

You can open the ROA roster on the website and sort it by zip code. You can then take a look at the AZ ROA members and get an idea of how many have '65's then figure how many folks might have a '65 that aren't members. Perhaps that would give you an idea. Will the AZ DMV tell you how many '65 Rivieras are registered in the state?

Keep plugging away, you'll find a combo that works some where.

Ed

Guest onedesertdog
Since you're going Mod maybe Rat Riv or Rat 65? Riv Raf? 65 Gen1?

Mike

Mod, What Me??? Nothing modded or Rat rodded on mine.....

Thanks Kaber, I might borrow that one.....:cool:

Buddy

Guest onedesertdog
19RIV65

That's not bad either. "MY65RIV" is available too.

I'd still like to know who's got all the good ones locked up though. I also wonder if those plates are still active.

I'll check with DMV.

Buddy

65 RIVI, 65 RIVEY, or reversed RIVI65 & RIVEY65. AZ RIV(I), 1R9I6V5 - too hard! AREIVIR (works in the rear view mirror! :P )

I saw one the other day - not on a Riv - that was like AGDVRD... could not make heads or tails of it. What is the point of personalized plates if you can't understand them?!? Although I want plates with the vowels removed from my last name - TJNSVLD - looks almost the same to most people...

I had to get GA55ER for my '55 Gasser. Works...

Happy hunting.

Mike

IMHO a 65 riv is "look at me" enough with adding a vanity plate. If you can't find an available name that satisfies you consider finding an AZ plate from 65 and registering it with DMV. My 65 FL plate looks great & generates a lot of interest, all of it positive. Sorry, I know it's a point of pride with some people, but I think vanity plates make most people cringe.

Guest Kaber
IMHO a 65 riv is "look at me" enough with adding a vanity plate. If you can't find an available name that satisfies you consider finding an AZ plate from 65 and registering it with DMV. My 65 FL plate looks great & generates a lot of interest, all of it positive. Sorry, I know it's a point of pride with some people, but I think vanity plates make most people cringe.

I was also going to suggest that. Here is a twist I have seen guys do here in Ohio. They find a personalized plate they like that has not been registered, buy up enough model year plates to spell out their Personalized plate and weld themselves up a finished Vintage Personalized plate. Alot of work but really cool results! I saw a 1939 Chevy with model year correct 1939 plates, that read 39 CHEV. I asked and the owner said he did exactly that.

On My Chevelle I was lucky to find 1970 Ohio Plates that were my Son's monogram. We looked for a while for some 1963 plates for his Riv. The ones he finally picked end in 7 UP with some digits in front of that. He liked the 7 UP aspect, I told him 8 UP might be funnier! I bought a set of 63 tags an while back that were WT 307, but he didn't like them so they are on the garage wall.

Guest Kaber
Since you're going Mod maybe Rat Riv or Rat 65? Riv Raf? 65 Gen1?

Mike

LOL! I just saw RIV RAF here in Ohio on about an 82 Conv. Riviera, I like it!

Kaber

I have a 1964 plate for my '64 Riviera. It's not personalized unless you know what you're looking at. I got a plate from Edwards County, KS that has the number 4747 on it.

In Kansas, the county is indicated by two large upper case letters stacked vertically. So I have ED 4747 on a 1964 plate. 4747 is the model number for a 1964 Riviera. Therefore the tag says to me 1964 ED 4747 - Ed's 1964 Riviera.

Guest Kaber
I have a 1964 plate for my '64 Riviera. It's not personalized unless you know what you're looking at. I got a plate from Edwards County, KS that has the number 4747 on it.

In Kansas, the county is indicated by two large upper case letters stacked vertically. So I have ED 4747 on a 1964 plate. 4747 is the model number for a 1964 Riviera. Therefore the tag says to me 1964 ED 4747 - Ed's 1964 Riviera.

Thats too cool Ed!

Some Calif vanity plates are ciphers so esoteric you need an "Enigma" machine to decipher. I'm fortunate to have the original CA black plates which came on the car. Since I'm on the Monterey Peninsula I'm now looking for a Del Monte Forest (Pebble Beach) gate entry badge from 1963 to mount in the grill - as was in the era - just for kicks. Won't get me in without paying 'tho as they issue new badges each year.

Guest clamshells
I was also going to suggest that. Here is a twist I have seen guys do here in Ohio. They find a personalized plate they like that has not been registered, buy up enough model year plates to spell out their Personalized plate and weld themselves up a finished Vintage Personalized plate. Alot of work but really cool results! I saw a 1939 Chevy with model year correct 1939 plates, that read 39 CHEV. I asked and the owner said he did exactly that.

On My Chevelle I was lucky to find 1970 Ohio Plates that were my Son's monogram. We looked for a while for some 1963 plates for his Riv. The ones he finally picked end in 7 UP with some digits in front of that. He liked the 7 UP aspect, I told him 8 UP might be funnier! I bought a set of 63 tags an while back that were WT 307, but he didn't like them so they are on the garage wall

Some plates belong on a garage wall.

post-98889-143142622949_thumb.jpg

Guest carlbraun
Some Calif vanity plates are ciphers so esoteric you need an "Enigma" machine to decipher. I'm fortunate to have the original CA black plates which came on the car. Since I'm on the Monterey Peninsula I'm now looking for a Del Monte Forest (Pebble Beach) gate entry badge from 1963 to mount in the grill - as was in the era - just for kicks. Won't get me in without paying 'tho as they issue new badges each year.

I agree with Rivnik on the vanity plates...but each to his own.

Here in soCal the trend is going to vintage license plate frames and cast dealer scripts. The collectors are all snapping them up from junkers that came from dealers in the area. Hot Rod magazine even had an article on the craze a while ago.

The baddest Buick dealer in the west (on earth???) was Reynolds Buick in West Covina. They're still around so I tried to talk them into reproducing their cool original license plate frames but they made t Shirts instead. Check out both items below

post-77544-143142623523_thumb.jpg