New member & New Riv owner :)

Guest Im4darush

Guest Im4darush

Hi everyone, I am pleased as can be today because last weekend I finally found a 65 riv that was right for me. I joined the ROA first thing this morning and figured I would post a bit about myself and the car.

I am not new to classics but this is my first riviera. My nitch up to now has been A and F bodies of the late 60's and early 70's. Primarily of the pontiac variety. I have always looked at the 65 riviera as a staple in US automotive history, and knew that someday I would own one. Being that I am now 41, I figured it was time to get away from muscle and try something new. I have been looking at these cars for a few years now, and even went to see a few. None have been either good enough, or fit the bill for one reason or another. The car I brought home is a bamboo cream 65 with black standard interior and ralley wheels. A low option car when you consider how most of these were built. Mine has PS, PB, A/C and thats about it. 87K original miles and one very nice repaint to factory spec. Aside from that, she is all original and untouched. Even has one T3 lamp still in place. Interior is super nice with all the bright trim still in excellent shape. Everything I have looked at so far works...even the AM radio. And I really dig the 'COLD' light in the dash. Front seat covers have a slight split in the seam but that is an easy fix. Being an oiginal 87k mile car, my plan is to tear it down under the hood, detail it and put it back together.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the ROA!! Oh...I am located in tampa bay.

Welcome to the Riviera forum. You have made a number of very smart decisions: you bought a 65 Riviera, you joined the ROA, you posted on this forum, and you included your location. Since we are all friends here, a first name is also good.

One other thing - Pictures - we love pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, I am pleased as can be today because last weekend I finally found a 65 riv that was right for me. I joined the ROA first thing this morning and figured I would post a bit about myself and the car.

I am not new to classics but this is my first riviera. My nitch up to now has been A and F bodies of the late 60's and early 70's. Primarily of the pontiac variety. I have always looked at the 65 riviera as a staple in US automotive history, and knew that someday I would own one. Being that I am now 41, I figured it was time to get away from muscle and try something new. I have been looking at these cars for a few years now, and even went to see a few. None have been either good enough, or fit the bill for one reason or another. The car I brought home is a bamboo cream 65 with black standard interior and ralley wheels. A low option car when you consider how most of these were built. Mine has PS, PB, A/C and thats about it. 87K original miles and one very nice repaint to factory spec. Aside from that, she is all original and untouched. Even has one T3 lamp still in place. Interior is super nice with all the bright trim still in excellent shape. Everything I have looked at so far works...even the AM radio. And I really dig the 'COLD' light in the dash. Front seat covers have a slight split in the seam but that is an easy fix. Being an oiginal 87k mile car, my plan is to tear it down under the hood, detail it and put it back together.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the ROA!! Oh...I am located in tampa bay.

Congratulations on your purchase......I finally found the right 65 for me last year. Like you I have been into GTO's and Firebirds most of my life since college, but I

drove my Dad's 65 Riviera he bought new when I was in high school and finally got around to getting one for myself. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get one....I'm having

a blast with the Riv. Post some pics when you can.....Winston

• 4 weeks later...