Lower control arm 1989 Riviera

charlie1

I am in need of a Right Lower control arm for my 1989 Riviera. Same as Reatta I believe. The OEM part number is 22527858. None to be found. Can someone offer a suggestion? I would like to replace both sides with a new aftermarket. ebay and Amazon have new ones made by Mevotech which I know nothing about. Also that do not show the stabilizer round bar that is attached to the lower control arm that comes towards the front and affixes to the frame so I am not sure it will fit? Car is in the shop thanks to the pot hole situation here is Pa. so I want to move to get it back on the road ASAP. think I can come up with a good used one perhaps Jim Finn, just to get me back on the road but would like to replace both with new if I can locate.

The part number that can be found on Amazon is

Right MS20328

Left MS20329

Once again these number are Riviera, I think same for Reatta

Thanks

Edited by CHAS1 (see edit history)

If you can find a southern part it will be rust free, almost as good as a new one. The GM part numbers are 22527858 (right) 22527859 (left) You may be in luck as Riviera, Reatta, Seville, and Eldorado all use the same part ('86-'90). Toronado probably does but I do not have a parts book for that car.

I looked at Ebay and see Mevotech 20328/9 and the end looks wrong.

On the stock ones there is a rod that goes forward straight into the frame. This one could work the way it is made with sheet metal but the end is wrong. I am looking at ebay number 171369447434

???????????????????

The Mevotech catalog is wrong They list the 1986 to 1996 Riviera as all taking the same lower control arm. The one I will be receiving tomorrow via Amazon Prime will have to be returned. A lot of sellers have them listed incorrectly on ebay and Amazon that will NOT fit the 86 to 89 era. Tech services at Mevotech called and they need to correct the catalog. My shop located one locally from a salvage yard.

rust free I hope.

Edited by CHAS1 (see edit history)