Posting Pictures

MrEarl

Had someone PM me asking how to post pictures so thought I would create a new thread on the subject in case there are more members who might could use some help.

When making a new post or replying to another, go to the top of Your Message text box and in the icon bars, left click on the picture icon (pic of a tree). A box will appear with options of "From Computer" or "From URL". For these instructions I will say left click on "From Computer". ("From URL" is another whole subject)

A new box will appear. At the bottom of that box, left click on "Select Files". Your computer Picture Files should appear. Go through them and select the one you want to post by double left clicking on it. The picture file should appear in the forum Insert Image box.

Or you can select multiple pics by holding down the "Ctrl" key and left clicking over the ones you want. (A box should appear around them as you select each one). When you have selected the ones you want, RIGHT click and a drop down box should appear. Left click "SELECT" and the picture files should appear in the forum Insert Image box.

Either way, in that Insert Image box left click on "Upload Files" and the picture(s) you selected should appear in your Text Box as thumbnail pictures. (if you want pics to appear full size, you will need to use an image hosting site such as Photobucket, Image Shack etc and copy paste image links from them directly into the text box.) \

Tha's the way it works on my computer and the way I do it. There is also an option of going to the bottom of the text box and clicking on "Go Advanced" and a window will appear where you pretty much go through the same rigamaroe as above but I find it to be more complicated.

Hope I explained it well enough. Sounds complicated, what with all the left and right clicks but in actual practice it is not. Please don't hesitate to ask questions or post other ways or tips for posting pictures.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Hey Lamar, the instructions you spelled out here are great, however, you didn't explain how to move the photos around once they are in the body of the message. When I post photos it messes up the wording by dividing it in the most inappropriate places. I certainly am not a computer geek by any means. I'm just a lowly machinist/toolmaker. Could you please explain how this is done so that things come out looking half way decent. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one out there having this problem.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas America

Terry,

Make sure that your cursor is where you want the pictures to post before uploading. Otherwise, they'll post where you left the cursor. If you need to correct where they are, highlight the attachment including the [ATTACHMENT] on both sides of the image,, and select cut. Then move your cursor to where you want the picture and select paste. The image will then be where you want it.

Ed

The thumbnails in your reply box are treated pretty much like text. You can move them by click and drag. IE Place your cursor over a picture, click and hold the clicker down then drag the picture where ever you want it. For instance, I started out with three pictures in the top left hand corner of my reply box. I placed the cursor to the right of the two thumbnails and started typing. Then, by clicking and dragging, I moved this one here>post-31987-14314261794_thumb.jpg Or as Ed said you can right click on the thumbnail and use the drop down box to do what you want with the pictures. Such as I did with the third one. I deleted it. Don't let all the space above the line of text confuse you, the thumbnail is simply creating dead space to the left and right of itself.

post-31987-143142617951_thumb.jpg

You can also make your own photo album here on aaca.org

Go to "my profile"

On the mid left you make a album

Set privacy setting to public or friends

Copy the image address to your post

Guest Skyking

I always had a lot of trouble with posting photos on forums. It always said my photos were too large. With Windows 7 I found an easy way to re-size my photos. Go to start and click on paint. Click on the very top left box. When it opens click on the open folder to show your photos. When you see the photo you want to re-size, double click it and it will appear. Go to the top and click on re-size. When that box opens, click on pixels, the second little button and a number will appear something like 3264. Take your cursor and blue that number out and replace it with number 800. You'll see both numbers change. You're done, click out of paint and save that file. It's now re-sized! I also use Imgur as a free photo host. It beats all others................

• 4 months later...