Fantastic Buick & FUTURELINER weekend

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Took the 67 to the big Arthritis show in Columbus this weekend, it is always one of the best shows around. Great turnout for the all day cruise yesterday and even bigger turnout for today's show. The Buick area was full of some spectacular Buick's. One of The GM Futureliner's was there and was truly a highlight of the weekend, and to sit in the drivers seat was just a big gob of icing on top of the cake. I thought the Futureliner was going to be the highligh of my weekend but I had this 5k original mile red beauty fall into my lap to replace the Reatta. Weekends don't get much better than this.

post-30591-143142615099_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142615125_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142615152_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142615182_thumb.jpg

Hi Keith,

Congratulations on the new baby !!!

Didn't I mention in the other post that sometimes adversity presents amazing opportunities?

Enjoy it - it looks fantastic....

Keith:

i saw your 67 several times this weekend but you were not at the car when I was passing by.

Sorry to hear about the fire, but happy you found an excellent Reatta replacement.

i had a greats time at the show. I flew up Friday and really enjoyed the event. I have now been to four of these shows. Defiantly one of the best run and organized shows I have ever been to.

Sorry I missed you but good luck on the new acquisition.

Kevin

The Arthritis Foundation is truly a blast, especially this year. The weather was perfect for the two day event. We registered 1,322 cars, antique boats, and motorcycles. If you have never been to one, it is worth the trip. It is held every year on the weekend following the July 4th holiday. I took my son and one of his friends. You should have seen the smiles on their faces when the owner of a 2014 Lamborghini allowed them to sit in the driver's seat. There are lots of classic old cars there, too. About 50 Buicks.

• 9 years later...

Just searching “Futureliner” and came across this old thread. I also had the opportunity to see the GM Parade of Progress Futureliner #10 that was on display this weekend (10/21/2023) at the Lake Mirror Classic Concours in Lakeland, Fl. It was trailered all the way from Indiana to the first venue the Parade started back in the days. Absolutely a work of art. 

IMG_3999.jpeg

IMG_4006.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

Thanks for the pictures . 1953 was one of GM's finest years in my opinion .

To see the Chevy Corvette , Olds Fiesta , Buick Skylark and the Cad Eldorado

plus the Futureliner in one place was a car lovers dream !!

Bill

It was fantastic

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 1993 a friend, Doug Seibert, and I went to the Indy 500. We took the long route through Ohio and ended up spending a night in Auburn, Indiana. In the morning we visited the ACD Museum. Parked out back was this really neat, shabby, old bus. It was all open so we checked it out pretty good. No windshield but we thought touring up in the cab wearing leather flying helmets and goggles would be fine. I got this shot of Doug when we closed the staircase door.

004.jpg.8a17ab4054500ba37b5b8984383c4a7b.jpg

The a little over a decade later I got in the bus again at Hershey. And picked up this little brochure.

002.jpg.04e6ab513f27361b4438d893f7ba2841.jpg

Looks like I was standing in the same spot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1