1947 Buick Roadmaster Sedanette (2 dr) for sale, partially restored, needs to be finished (not mine)

DAVES_BUICKS

I'm passing this information along for anyone interested in completing a restoration. The owner has owned this car for over 30 years and has completely restored the chassis and power train with all new or rebuilt items. Engine completely rebuilt, as well as transmission, suspension, brakes, etc. He has all the parts from the car to make the car complete, with much new material such as new original upholstery, all new glass, radiator, floor mats, even the paint. Chrome bumpers and guards have been re-plated. Some of the body work has been completed with new metal, but some rust areas remain. He started the restoration several years ago, but health problems prevent him from finishing it. The car is located in Livonia, Michigan (a little northwest of Detroit). I looked at the car a couple of days ago, and it's well worth completing, everything is there, and the work that has been done is good. He'd like to see someone finish it, and is asking $4500 or best offer. His name is Ken Vadnais and can be reached at 734-748-6557.

post-49355-143142614844_thumb.jpg

post-49355-143142614847_thumb.jpg

post-49355-14314261485_thumb.jpg

post-49355-143142614853_thumb.jpg

Edited by DAVES_BUICKS
Had wrong phone number (see edit history)

Whimper. This is a body style I really like mad want to have some day. I hope it finds a good home (I'd have difficulty acquiring it and living to tell once She Who Must Be Obeyed found out about it). There are too many projects around here. Oh well.

• 1 month later...

No one has looked at this car so far, and the owner really needs to sell it. I just talked to his brother and he says that the owner is now asking $1800 or best offer. His brother is trying to help him sell it. His name is Al, and can be contacted at 734-347-3692. Read the description again. For anyone looking for a 40's Buick project car, this can't be beat. It's totally complete and has rebuilt engine, suspension, and drive train. Figure out what it would cost you to rebuild a '47 Roadmaster engine alone. (Wish I had room for it myself) If you have any interest, call Al.

I'm with Derek on this one! I do not need this car but it certainly needs to be saved. Plus it is not that far from me. Unfortunately at this price I suspect this will become a street rod. I showed the pictures to "She Who Must Be Obeyed" and got my usual sermon about being "too old" and "what am I going to do with all of this stuff if something happens to you"!

Truth be known I could easily become the next Wheatbelt!

• 3 months later...
Guest shimaseiki

Sir's, i am looking to buy a 1948 Buick Supper Sedanette (56-S) that could be on the road with minimal work. Please send me a private message if one is available for sale.