65 GS spark plug loom clips

Guest carlbraun

Guest carlbraun

I purchased the kit that contains two plug wire loom steel clips that bolt to the valve cover. Atop these mount the plastic spark plug wire separator clips. There is one long, tall one and one short one in the kit I bought.

The engine bay photos i've found on the net show that most guys use the tall clip on the left (Driver) side valve cover but the Buick manual shows the larger clip on the right (passgr) side. which is correct?

Any pics from a concourse car?

the manual also shows two extra clips for the left hand side valve cover that the wire harness lays in. One under the front left bolt and another under the rear left bolt...these are unique between GS and non-GS cars. Has anyone seen these or have a pair for sale? Please let me know.

thanks

Carl,

The taller bracket must goes on the driver's side. The extra height is needed to keep the spark plug wires away from the throttle mechanism. My '65 GS does also have the two brackets/clips that hold the wiring harness on the passenger side valve cover. I've included a picture so you can get an idea of what they look like. You could probably make a set out of some thin sheetmetal, I don't believe it would be too difficult. If you want, I can make a sketch with dimensions so you can make the parts.

post-42951-143142615665_thumb.jpg.

Edited by 48Super (see edit history)

Guest carlbraun
Carl,

The taller bracket must goe on the driver's side. The extra height is needed to keep the spark plug wires away from the throttle mechanism. My '65 GS does also have the two brackets/clips that hold the wiring harness on the passenger side valve cover. I've included a picture so you can get an idea of what they look like. You could probably make a set out of some thin sheetmetal, I don't believe it would be too difficult. If you want, I can make a sketch with dimensions so you can make the parts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]258615[/ATTACH].

Mike

that would be great. i think i can fabricate them and then dip the ends in plasti dip to duplicate the originals.

one other question...what is the color of the bracket that mounts under the throttle kickdown switch, curves around the coil and bolts to the intake manifold with two bolts. engine green? Cad silver or underhood black?

please advise and thanks again

Mike

that would be great. i think i can fabricate them and then dip the ends in plasti dip to duplicate the originals.

one other question...what is the color of the bracket that mounts under the throttle kickdown switch, curves around the coil and bolts to the intake manifold with two bolts. engine green? Cad silver or underhood black?

please advise and thanks again

Engine green

Tom

OK guys, here is the sketch of the wire retaining clip. It is a little more complicated than I thought at first, but it should still not be too difficult to make.

Sorry for the graph paper background, it made it easier to draw. I hope this is clear enough for you to get the idea. Let me know if you need anymore information about this.

Wire Clip.pdf

Guest Kaber
OK guys, here is the sketch of the wire retaining clip. It is a little more complicated than I thought at first, but it should still not be too difficult to make.

Sorry for the graph paper background, it made it easier to draw. I hope this is clear enough for you to get the idea. Let me know if you need anymore information about this.

[ATTACH]258858[/ATTACH]

WOW! Awesome third angle projection!!! Thats a fine piece of drafting work.