!929 Chevrolet Sport Coupe

Guest drnittler

Guest drnittler

For sale, a 1929 Chevrolet Sport coupe. The car is a runner and in great shape. Asking $18000.00

For pictures and information, please reply to the e mail with a phone number and I will call you.

Please no dealers and internet scammers.

Guest AlCapone

I am not one but why would you not sell to a dealer ? Sell to whoever you can get the money from as I see it.

Wayne

Guest drnittler

In my experience dealers try to "low ball" you. I did all the work with the car why should they make money from me?

The dealer is indeed going to make money if they purchase your car. But the dealer may offer you more than you can get trying to sell it yourself if he has a customer looking for that particular car. Many buyers will pay a premium to buy from a dealer, especially one they have bought from before. And there are buyers who will NOT buy from a private party due to all the recent registration and title problems cropping up.

Many buyers will not pursue cars advertised without at least a brief description and pictures - I am one of them. No matter how much I wanted a 1929 Chevrolet Sport Coupe I would not respond to an ad without at least a picture and description. I bought my first antique car in 1961 and have learned over the years that it isn't worth the time and frustration.

Guest AlCapone

your bottom line price should be established when you list the car. That price should be the same for a butcher, baker, candlestick maker or dealer. Once you get your price what does it matter if the dealer marks it up ? You are not compelled to accept a lower price just because a dealer is involved. If he gets more it just means that he is a better salesman than you are !

Wayne

Guest drnittler

I guess you all have more faith in dealers than I do. Anyway to each their own. As for posting with pictures, If I can figure out how to get my pictures on this site, I'll post them. I've tried but the site says my files are too large...

Guest 64BelAir
I guess you all have more faith in dealers than I do. Anyway to each their own. As for posting with pictures, If I can figure out how to get my pictures on this site, I'll post them. I've tried but the site says my files are too large...

GIMP (free) is one software package that can be used to reduce the size of pics. Open the file of interest and then export it as jpg, selecting about 20% on the "Quality" slider. That should get you to about 500K on the file size.