Are You Getting Excited Yet?

R W Burgess

http://www.aacamuseum.org/tucker-automobiles-cammack-collection/

Hershey is right around the corner and something exciting should be happening in October. If you do not have an AACA Museum Facebook account, here's what you may be missing. My wife put me onto this, giving credit where it is due!

Happy Trails!

Wayne

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

Quite interesting exhibit design for the Tucker Addition. Would love to see it if I get to the AACA Museum this year. Interesting that there is a comparison/contrast of Tucker and Cadillac chassis'. Question: is going to the Museum during Hershey Week a bad idea because it's mobbed...or is that still an option?

Excited? Heck yeah!! I sent my registration in for the Saturday car show and evening banquet two weeks ago! And, with the check I just received this week, I took a chunk out of it and I mailed the payment this morning to my Hershey roommate over near Johnstown for my half of the hotel room that week!

So now, it's looking forward to the six-hour trek east along the PA turnpike on October 7th, and driving into town late that afternoon along Chocolate Avenue, and seeing those wrapped and unwrapped Hershey Kisses street lamps as I cruise on in behind the wheel of my Olds Starfire. Then, as always the past dozen years, all will be right with the world...

We don't mind rain or snow - Boys and I will be camping at AACA Museum if everything goes as usual - can't wait!

Really looking forward to having the Tuckers in their great new home!

Yes, it'll soon be time to start the list of "whose going." Like Andy says, we just keep on even in the rain. Actually did pretty good last year finding stuff tucked away in tents.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, looking forward to it as always! Be doing it a little differently this year, and staying on Green field spots in a camper (Aliner).....I do miss that smell of chocolate when you drive into town, though.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't wait. I'm still trying to convince my wife to bring our Auburn even with the leaky differential and terrible whining coming from the motor. She doesn't think it will be much fun. Here she is. We'll have only had her for 6 months come Hershey

It will be the first year we bring Auburn Victoria (yes that's her name, I can't imagine where we came up with that) if I can convince the wife. post-43003-143142709071_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
...... Had a friend who finished the last few bits on his Packard working in his lighted car trailer on the way to the show with his wife driving the tow vehicle.

I don't know who was braver, your friend or his wife???:D

I can see my wife driving a tow vehicle now, watch out mail boxes!!!:eek:

Guest RedRock

Well, I guess I'll miss the big fun of working in a rolling trailer. Busted butt and got it to this point with days to spare. Still need to restore or buy some nice dog dish caps and the picture tells me I need to align that door molding!

263_1024x768.JPG