Power Steering Pump

Guest carlbraun

Guest carlbraun

For my Riviera restoration Im trying to stay with the most original parts I can find. One part that was eluding me was the Power Steering pump. There are lots of vendors selling the actual pump but virtually no one selling the complete pump with the reservoir housing.

I was finally able to find one with the reservoir (no dents thank you very much) with an original cap on the Rock Auto website and, frankly, its nicer than expected AND...its remanufactured in the USA!!!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3026319&cc=1319330

The NEW PS pumps that OPGI is selling are made in China but I wanted to see one for myself. After having the unit on back order for over a month I called OPGI and cancelled.

Heres a shot of the pump as mounted into the Riv

post-77544-143142610021_thumb.jpg

Guest clamshells

That is NEWS I looked all over and finally settled on a O-ring kit and using the reservoir off my parts car and the good internals from The Ghost. The way things are going I might pick one up to store for a day when everything is made in China.

Mike

Guest carlbraun
Sorry I missed the link the first time reading through. That definitely is one of ours!

Dan

it is one of yours and thanks for a quality product. Your ads say your products are reproduced in the USA and more power to you. You need to advertise to more of the vintage types unless you sell through jobbers like RockAuto only. Muscle car magazines, Hemmings, etc would all be great candidates.

I'm thinking about buying a second one just because they're that nice!

thanks again

carl

Looking sweet…

News to me too…I also went with the o-ring kit. I've read nothing but good things about Lares.

Carl, I just spent the 4th of July week in sunny San Diego. I didn't think about looking up any ROA members. I will have to look u up next time I go out there & treat u to lunch in trade for a cruise in your Riv. Awe heck I'll take just the opportunity to gawk over it while we talk car…lol

David

Guest Im4darush

This was so timely..my pump is making all kinds of noise at idle and I really wanted to find a complete unit with reservoir. Thanks for posting this. Just ordered it.