Novice needs info

Guest wap41

Guest wap41

I just bought a 1934 plymouth 4dr.How do I tell what model it is?It only has one windshield wiper so from what I've read so far it must not be a deluxe model.It does not have wire wheels but I have no idea how to find out the exact model.Have lots of questions but would like to know what I bought to start with.Any help appreicated.

If the serial number is correct, you have a 34 PE Deluxe 4-Door Sedan, built in Detroit. If the serial number started with a 3, it would be Los Angeles manufacture. Other ways to confirm the model are if there is a glove box (if not, car is a PG), has the wind wing thumbscrew at the upper corner of the front doors and has windwings (could still be a PF or PFXX). The serial number does confirm it as a PE. Wheelbase should be 114" and the hood should have louvres and dual doors. If wheelbase is 108" with just louvres on the hood, car is a PF or PG. Both the PE and PF had independent, coil spring front suspensions, the PG had a tube axle and parallel leaf springs. Don't be confused by the one wiper, many of the 34s, including the Deluxe PE, only had one wiper, one tail light and one interior visor--the passenger side ones were options. Attached is a factory photo of a 34 PE Deluxe 4-door sedan. Welcome to the group!post-89602-143142615628_thumb.jpg