Clamshell Rivets

Snake

I had drilled out the clamshell rivets to get them chromed, in hindsight should of let them on, but anyway looking for replacements rivets for the clam shells. Who has a manual sheet for clamshells and parts for this.

Guest carlbraun

Snake (and Mongoose)

I've got 5 clamshells on my bench that are going to my local guy who can do anything. He's an ex-GM training instructor and electrical guru that blows me away with the quality of his work.

I've got other Riv priorities right now but I'll be taking them to him soon to see what he has to say about rebuilding one of the two exceptional ones I have. He says it should be a piece of cake as he does a lot of this type of thing. He knows how to handle the rivets too.

If he is as good as he's been on everything else he may be a good resource for all of us on the forum as I know of no one rebuilding or servicing clamshells.

more on this soon

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest carlbraun

all

my GM guy backed out on the clamshell repair after he dropped one and got scared...drag.

I have 5 clamshells that I can use to make one good pair...does anyone have resources for repairing these units?

please advise

thanks