51 buick super riv

john6shooter

i have a 51 buick 2dr ht super 56r.it has rubber gaskets in the roof area that the window rolls up to, to seal window top edge.my question is will the 52 buick that has a flip up stainless seal fit a 51? it looks better and would be a lot cheaper than new seals at $163.00.thanks

I think you have just put your finger on a difference between 1951 and 1952 Buicks that I never knew about--interesting! They should fit, because the 1951 and 1952 bodies have the same dimensions and styling, but you will probably have to drill screw holes for the flipper mechanism to attach to the roof rail--and it's more than just the flipper--it has a base and a spring or two, and the inside of the flipper has little "fuzzies" that cushion the metal frame of the window when it is up.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Tx

thanks for reply,the units I am looking at are complete with springs and that hairy type felt. I think it would look a lot better with all the stainless running front to back instead of that black rubber in the roof.i think I will try them and let you know how it goes,thanks again