'36 DeSoto 7-Pass Sedan for $600

I came across this '36 Desoto long wheelbase sedan on Craigslist for Houston TX today and thought I should post it here for someone. I'll post it on the "Desoto" site, too, but I figure there's more traffic here. At $600, the car is dirt cheap. The owner didn't even make mention of the long wheelbase, so if the seats missing, he may not even know how unusual it is. I'd be curious to know whether the jump seats are still there.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4553113983.html

00u0u_2Z98F4PYjeY_600x450.jpg

00r0r_9UYHJRFwkHe_600x450.jpg

00a0a_8QjJIYifVw4_600x450.jpg

00101_fGGBlyDdrq0_600x450.jpg

You know my book doesnt say too much about the seats..but i did re-read the production # and I think 460 includes the Traveller production..plus they made about 2900 taxi cabs for NYC..needless to say this is a real deal super find..doing the interior would be the hardest part i think anyway..benny

I wonder if one of you guys might explain something to me...I've never quite understood why some '36 Desoto coupes and sedans have two piece windshields (like Chryslers) and others have one piece ones. I'm not talking about open cars, just sedans and coupes. A Google Image search shows both.

I wonder if one of you guys might explain something to me...I've never quite understood why some '36 Desoto coupes and sedans have two piece windshields (like Chryslers) and others have one piece ones. I'm not talking about open cars, just sedans and coupes. A Google Image search shows both.

The DeLuxe models have the one piece windshield and the Custom models (except for the open cars) have the split windshield.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)