50' Olds Hydramatic leak

I had my trans rebuilt about a year an half ago and it has worked fine but all of a sudden developed a very bad leak which seems to be coming from the trans side of the torus. I've been told that the early Hydramatics had a tendency to develop a crack in the torus where it connects to the input shaft and that was likely the source of the sudden leakage. Does anyone out there have any experience with this kind of problem? The leak is definitely not coming from the flywheel side and the problem is much worse when I drive at highway speeds. It seems to be spraying inside the bell housing when I drive and drips down. This is way more than a drop or two.

i have heard and seen broken springs in the torus bowl, cause by the engine having a ignition miss, developing uneven power impulses. i have never heard of the snout of the torus cracking. you'll need to pull the trans out and inspect the torus bowl, sounds to me like you'll be searching for another torus bowl. please update this post when you can.

charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.