What did I do this time!

I took the plunge and bought a HUGE project!! 1949 Chrysler Town and Country Convertible. Tight fit into the garage is an understatement. I need some advice as to where I can get new Sheetmetal for all of the floor sections for this car. Front, rear and Trunk floor sheetmetal is completely rusted through. I need to cut it out and get some healthy metal in there. I need advice as to who can provide this in the correct gauge and ribbing pattern. Thanks very much......you all understand. My wife thinks I need to have my head examined!

Some one is repressing the front floors. I have a 48 NY here that has a new front floor in it. I will be selling the whole body at some point and this floor could be cut out. Unfortunately I am not to that point as of yet.

Hi I'm Benny I got what's left of a '51 Dodge Sportabout....i'm just going to use 18 gauge cold rolled and got me self a bead roller, a brake,and shear that can do straight cuts..and I'm just going to fab them..if you're building something that's going to be judged i doubt they'll tare the car apart

like they looking for coke..so if they are a little different I wouldn't worry about it..and I don't know if you ever done floor pans before but a tip i pass on is do it while the car is on it's spring weight..not up in the air. Good luck and welcome! benny

Thanks all for the input regarding my 49 Town and Country. I have been working on Model T Fords for so many years it is odd having roll up windows and a heater that you can turn on and off.

When it comes to VIN numbers on this car where are they? Engine Block, Drivers side door jamb and where else?

This car has been sitting for 35 years so I decided to pull the head and take a peek inside. This Soybean penetrating oil is the best, I was able to remove all the head bolts without breaking any of them.

Got the Head off the block and was I happy to see exhast valves with black soot and the intake valves with a white-ish ash. Means when this was put in the barn, long ago, it was running decently. Next step is to pull the engine and transmission out of the car and clean everything up. This should be fairly easy, hah nothing is easy, with a cherry picker. Wish me luck.

This car came with an extra transmission and it was preserved in the "old school" tradition, oil and sawdust. It had this caked creepy looking dried sludge on it. Screwdriver scrapping and it is cleaning up really pretty. Not sure what to expect inside when I pop it appart. --Brian

Note: c49er Bob......I sent you a PM......let me know your thoughts