looking for a usable garrett turbo from a 8v 4cyl auto TC.

anybody got one of these turbos from an 8v turbo automatic 89 TC kicking around that they would like to sell. even better yet if they can bring this weekend to Chryslers at Carlisle so I can possibly pick up rather than spend 40$ on shipping also. if I must pay to have it shipped I will. any help appreciated. I don't need a rebuilt unit, this just needs to be usable

Should be the same turbo in TC, Daytona, and LeBaron models from 1989 on the SOHC 2.2 with intercooler setup.

The Turbo on other 2.2 & 2.5L cars from 89 on are Mitsubishi turbos, not Garrett. They can also be used, are actually better but the oil feed plumbing has to be changed as well as the cooling plumbing. I have this turbo on my 85 2.5L Laser and it is much more responsive than a Garrett. Can easily 'burn rubber' right off the line.

The Turbo on other 2.2 & 2.5L cars from 89 on are Mitsubishi turbos, not Garrett.
A little clarification is needed here.

The J,G,H body cars with intercooler still used the PN#4483143 (89), 5281071 (90+) Garrett, while the P,A,J,G,H,S, body vehicles without intercooler used the 4448992 Fed & 4483185 CA Mitsubishi Turbo.

I don't want to be passing 'bum scoop' here.

This does not mean that the Mitsu Turbo cannot be used on intercooler equipped cars more beneficially. I like it better. It can be removed and installed on the engine without as much effort.

This is why i asked for a 89 TC's turbo. Fully aware non Intercooled T1 cars are mitsu. Only T2 intercooled 2.2l cars have garrett turbos

No argument from me. I merely made a little information available to other readers. Go right ahead and install a turbo from an 89 TC.

You don't actually think that the T1 turbo cars had Mitsubishi turbos, do you. They actually also had Garrett turbos.

It were the later T2 2.2L and T1 2.5L vehicles, as described above, that got the Mitsubishi turbo.

People who complain about turbo lag with their 89 TCs with automatic transaxles would be considered 'real smart' if they changed to the Mitsubishi turbo as it is better in all practical and drivability ways.

• 2 weeks later...