1953 Packard transmission

Guest Sluczka05

Guest Sluczka05

I have a 1953 Packard Ultramatic Transmission out of a Carribean Cruiser. I found the trans in a garage at this house I just bought the previous owner rebuilt packard sad a hobby I'm looking to sell the part I'm just wondering what I should ask for it. I've researched and found they only made 750 of them it's a 2 speed automatic with a torque convertor also does my information sound correct?

Guest Sluczka05

So what if I just wanted to get rid if it for a couple hundred bucks I'm not looking to get rich If I were looking for some one who's going to rebuild it what would I ask for it.

Sure, you could offer it for sale here or PackardInfo.com or PackardClub.org. Put a pricetag of a couple/few hundred bucks on it with the caveat that it's for parts only, since you don't know the internal condition and the odds are that since it's out of the car... there's probably something wrong with it. Explain that you'll consider offers and see what happens. If you were local in my city, I'd probably consider offering 160 or so to have some hopefully usable spare parts on hand. Shipping could be a stumbling block. Good luck.

P.S. You might wait for some more input before you put a price on it... I'm no expert on Ultramatic pricing (even though I drive a car that has one).