my second 1956 Buick (56 Special)

56Road

So i was looking on craigslist for parts for the Roadmaster, more like i was bored with nothing better to do, and i saw that 56 Special for a decent price. I have a problem, i cant say no to a 56 Buick for a decent price. I went to look on the car which was about an hour away. Car was all there, started right up, the guy that had it bought it from the original owner couple months ago and he told me that car sat inside a garage most of its life. It has 30,000 original miles on and last time was inspected in 1982. Originally the car was Tahiti Coral with green interior which is weird but really cool. Its crazy that somebody would order a car in that color combination but at the same time unique. Anyway i found on the glovebox a sticker that says the car was repainted Laurel Green back in 1963 (sticker has actual date). Long story short i bought the car drove it maybe 100 feet and a coolant line broke and start spraying antifreeze on the windshield, i pulled in KFC parking lot and waited for my friend to come tow it. Later that day the balast resistor gave up so we couldnt even start the car to get it on the trailer. I made it back home around 3am that night. So far i bought 6 classic/muscle cars and every car has a long story on how i bought it and thats whats all about, creating stories and memories to pass on later on to kids/grandkids.

When i got the car home i dropped it at my girlfriends house cause my father doesnt know i bought another one, he yelled me about the last 3 cars i bought, why even bother tell him now. I changed the carburator, fuel line, sparkplugs and wires, coil and the car couldnt start so after a question in the forum i found out about the balast resistor thanks to couple guys in here. Got the car to run, drove it, and parked it cause car pulled to the right so i figure i should check the brakes.

post-98449-143142601033_thumb.jpgthis is how i found the car

post-98449-143142601064_thumb.jpgBoth these pics are from 4th of July

post-98449-143142601091_thumb.jpg

post-98449-143142601201_thumb.jpg

i know she is not that pretty yet, chrome is rusting and pitting but i love it!

Thank you

post-98449-143142601119_thumb.jpg

post-98449-143142601145_thumb.jpg

post-98449-143142601173_thumb.jpg