Last year for the Spitfire

Wow. Those are cool. I bet they were loud. I was born in 71...so a bit before my time.

We do look in machinery for the flatheads. Around here there is a lot of old machinery, too.

Our 265 has rivet marks but no tag or number. The junkyard owner we got it from said it was out of a 50 dodge big truck. Come fall we will be out searching for more flatheads. Right now it's too darn hot.

Thanks for the pic. That siren looks so cool. I want one. When I was a kid my parents would honk the truck air horn when they wanted us home because we often played in the woods out of hollering capabilities....parents should have had one of those, lol.

There is a you tube of one of the Hemi powered sirens, its hard to tell just how loud in the video, but I am sure it is plenty loud.

Most of these were propane fueled, another bonus for condition.

And yes they were all on tall buildings. I don't know how one would get one down if he were lucky enough to score one.

• 2 weeks later...
Right now all I have is an industrial engine with the same block but shorter stroke crankshaft. Plus another industrial engine, 265 cu in, with a cracked block.

Was going to use the good block with the long stroke crankshaft to put together a 265.

The industrial engine has the good, full flow "tower" oil filter same as 52 - 54 Chrysler.

In other words I have 2 ENGINES, with enough parts between them to make one GOOD engine. Hope this is clear.

The cracked engine was supposedly rebuilt then they left it full of water in the winter. I saved the camshaft, valves, springs, and 5 pistons as well as the crankshaft and rods.

Also have a spare Spitfire head, and a few other odds and ends including a rebuilt carburetor (rebuilt in 1963, still in the box, correct carb with 2 switches for Fluid Drive semi auto trans).

If this is of interest to you , I have it but please check cost of shipping. I can't help thinking there are a hundred of these engines right in California.

PS the one engine is mounted on a 2 wheel trailer, if you want to come and get it lol.

My customer is interested in your 265 parts. Can you put a list together of what you have and pictures would be good. He is putting this into a 34 Ply coupe with 50s style speed equipment.

Thanks

Dave

You already have the list, one engine on a trailer and parts of the other. Crankshaft, camshaft, rods, pistons (1 piston missing) valves, valve springs, keepers.

Also have a Spitfire head, a Canadian 55 Plymouth head with smaller combustion chambers for high compression, a couple of spare intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds.

A rebuilt carburetor with switches for Fluid Drive, a carb with a governor for a truck or industrial engine. Some other odds and ends I have forgotten.

I could take some pictures but this would be difficult because of an old ailment (laziness lol). Also my camera is a pain to download pictures off of. Will see if I can talk myself into it.

The only speed equipment I have, is a NOS dual point distributor plate and 3 McCulloch superchargers.