1936 Chrysler Airflow at the Chrysler Museum. Auburn Hills MI. 2014

• 2 weeks later...

I had seen pics of this car before, but there was no reference telling where it was located. I owned a 36 Airstream that was the same color as this Airflow - Polo Green. (pics attached). A modern base coat/ clear coat color that matches this is believe it or not a 1993 Isuzu color. That is what was used on my car and is nearly identical to the Airflow shown. A great color to consider on your next classic car project!

There is an Airflow currently for sale on Hemmings in this color for $22,500, located in Ohio. Nice looking car as is, and would look like the one in your post with a fresh paint job.

Thanks for sharing this - I always wondered where this car was, as it stuck in my mind as the best looking Airflow I had seen pictures of.

post-100467-143142629335_thumb.jpg

post-100467-143142629342_thumb.jpg

post-100467-143142629367_thumb.jpg

31 Caddy, you got an nice car there.......

Thank you, but I HAD a nice car. I sold it to a gent in England last year. This is my current ride......

post-100467-143142630524_thumb.jpg

Nice car! Where do you find a trunk like that?

It was on the car when I got it, and probably since the car was new, as the factory offered them as accessories.

Sorry to all of my Airflow/Airstream friends - it was not my intention that this thread go so far off track.

Love 'em all! If you look to the right in a few of the pictures you can see the chocolate brown Trifon, the iconic 1932 Airflow prototype from which the final Airflow design evolved. This amazing survivor, developed under wraps by Zeder,Skelton and Breer, got Walter Chrysler so enthused on a test drive that he fully endorsed the development of the Airflow design. I have seen both of these cars up close and they are stunning, each in their own way. Thanks for the pictures and the memories.